I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2024, 03:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Discover the Dialyspa Difference??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discover the Dialyspa Difference??  (Read 12654 times)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« on: October 16, 2010, 06:08:49 PM »

"Discover the Dialyspa Difference" - here's what their website says:
"We’ve spared no expense to make these hours as relaxing and productive as possible. With our relaxing atmosphere, professional décor, touch-screen Internet access and flat-panel television screens at each of our 18 heated chairs, and our state-of-the-art facilities, we strive to make each patient—even those just visiting the Houston area—feel important, cared for, and even a little spoiled."

http://dialyspa.localplacement.net/the-dialyspa-difference

Anyone ever been there?

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
jalexander451

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:00:08 AM »

I am being treated at Dialyspa, and have nothing but good things to say about them.  The treatment area is comfortable and a lot of attention has been paid to patient comfort.  The treatment chairs are essentially recliners, but have heating elements to improve comfort.  There is a pull-down screen at each treatment area for individual television access and internet access to keep you occupied while being treated.  They provide headphones so you can watch television without disturbing other patients.  They also have high-speed wi-fi internet access so you can bring your own computer if you want to.  The people who work there are very capable and nice, with a pretty high ratio of providers to patients. They have always been pleasant and helpful to me.

Disclaimer: I have never been treated anywhere else, so I have no basis for comparison.
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:04:56 AM »

I am being treated at Dialyspa, and have nothing but good things to say about them.  The treatment area is comfortable and a lot of attention has been paid to patient comfort.  The treatment chairs are essentially recliners, but have heating elements to improve comfort.  There is a pull-down screen at each treatment area for individual television access and internet access to keep you occupied while being treated.  They provide headphones so you can watch television without disturbing other patients.  They also have high-speed wi-fi internet access so you can bring your own computer if you want to.  The people who work there are very capable and nice, with a pretty high ratio of providers to patients. They have always been pleasant and helpful to me.

Disclaimer: I have never been treated anywhere else, so I have no basis for comparison.

Do you have Medicare or private insurance?

8)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
noahvale
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:47:24 AM by noahvale » Logged
jalexander451

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »

I have private insurance (through United Healthcare/Optum).  The interesting thing is that although this center lacks Medicare certification (and is therefore "out of network") (Medicare apparently takes 2 years to certify a dialysis facility), they promised to honor my in-service benefits.  Therefore, they will not charge me more than I would pay to an in-network provider.
KraigG

I feel like I'm on the Dark Side of The Moon.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »

This sounds exactly like my Fresenius center, except our recliners are not heated. And I'm on Medicare.

First bout on dialysis: June, 1990
Kidney/Pancreas transplant: August, 1990
Pancreas removed (hospital error): January, 2001
Kidney fails: August, 2011
Second round of dialysis: August, 2011
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »

be careful with that out of network/pay in network charge, I had a situation where I was billed for out of network, someone kept making a mistake, so just pay close attention to that.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »

I want dialysis with a morphine drip and a sponge bath!   :bandance;
dialysis.sucks

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 01:21:14 AM »

Ill skip the sponge bath, but having a certified masseuse or two would be great. Especially when someone starts cramping.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 03:17:45 AM »

i keep telling my clinic we need some karoke and better chairs and it wouldnt be so bad... maybe some drugs too hahah

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 06:38:49 AM »

It would be nice to have an adapter to the TV which is up on the celing.  They bought 10 for 10 chairs and we have 6 left so some people don't get them.  I'm going to Best Buy to buy some.  That is DaVita. 

I would LOVE Dialyspa.   Do they have more table space by your chair?  I hate trying to fit all my stuff on those tiny side wings.

Of course they all start out nice and then get greedy!

dialysis.sucks

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 09:17:48 AM »

It would be nice to have an adapter to the TV which is up on the celing.  They bought 10 for 10 chairs and we have 6 left so some people don't get them.  I'm going to Best Buy to buy some.  That is DaVita. 

I would LOVE Dialyspa.   Do they have more table space by your chair?  I hate trying to fit all my stuff on those tiny side wings.

Of course they all start out nice and then get greedy!

The last Davita I was at had two chairs to every TV and the chairs often had electrical tape holding the arms together lol
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »

I was at a Fresenius Clinic that had the individual flat screen TV's with Internet. Their chairs were heated and had vibration massage. Loved the heat! It was a small clinic with only 8 chairs but very nice.

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »

Wow, seriously, heated chairs!!! Wow, never had that, sounds brilliant.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »

I loved the heated chairs! I could care less about the vibration massage but the heat was fabulous!

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
iKAZ3D

06/08/2013

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 08:56:11 PM »

I bet a cramp feels REAL nice there.  :shy;

August 16th, 1996 - Born in Sacramento, CA; Born with Posterior Urethral Valves
September 2008 - Large Reconstruction, bladder augmented, stoma placed and ureters fixed
September 2010 - Needed emergency hip surgery for Slipped Capital Femoral Epithysis
September 2010 - Started Dialysis without refusal (Big mistake)
Summer/Fall 2011 - "Inactivated" on the Inactive Transplant List
October 2012 - Activated on the transplant list
November 30th, 2012 - Surgeons threatening to not to a transplant based on weight
April 25th, 2013 - Lost 25 pounds (97kg), however developed highly resistant bladder bacteria, Inactivated from list until eradicated
May 15th, 2013 - Finally cleared of the bacteria, reactivating on list imminent.
May 24th, 2013 - Reactivated on the list!
June 8th, 2013 - Transplant!
June 19th, 2013 - Dialysis Catheter officially removed and returned home from the hospital!
June 21st, 2016 - Sleeve Gastrectomy
March 11th, 2019 - Revision to Gastric Bypass
Popsycle24

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »

I go to an fmc clinic and love the heated chairs, ours sound a lot like that.

Fsgs/ nephrotic syndrome 2006
Gfr fell in 2013
Siblings testing for transplant donors
Started dialysis 9/29/13
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 12:28:37 PM »

Ill skip the sponge bath, but having a certified masseuse or two would be great. Especially when someone starts cramping.
It would be nice, however, since there is a small possibility of a blood clot, I suspect the massage would be medically prohibited by either the medical director of the contingency fee bar.
noahvale
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 02:33:01 PM »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:48:20 AM by noahvale » Logged
Dman73

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 06:39:59 AM »

My  Fresenius center has heated recliners with a vibrator on the back also brighthouse cable TV with no internet connection but Wifi is available if you have a device that can utilize it.

I would like to see the nurses/techs think outside the box by being more inquisitive on how you are doing. They are good at putting people on the machine and taking them off but the other day I had some real chills (felt like hypothermia) and never experienced that before except at the swimming pool. I had a normal temperature and asked them to check the temp of the machine. They could see me shivering but I had to ask them for some gloves of hot water where I put on my abdomen to keep the core temperature up.

I have to direct them to do these things and feel sorry for those patients that don't have a clue and don't speak up. Also, there was no follow-up as to how I was doing. 

hd 73
tx  87
hd 01

by the yard life is hard by the inch it's a cinch...
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 05:42:29 AM »

Do they have more table space by your chair?  I hate trying to fit all my stuff on those tiny side wings.
When I was in-center I brought my own table.  It was aou ut shelf I bought at Lowes that I glued a few sections of 1/3 wood to the ends of to lift it a few inches above the chair (it rested on the two side wings).   This created enough room for all my stuff including a laptop, and was very convenient for the mouse. 

Fresenius internet sucks - many of the useful ports are blocked, and it won't let you stream Netflix or Hulu.  I wrote their HQ about it and got a nice letter saying I would hear from their tech department.  I never did, but didn't follow as I switched to a facility with decent internet (home).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »