I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:18:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi From NJ
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi From NJ  (Read 2863 times)
NyNjGirl

« on: August 21, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »

Hi All,

Im a 45 yr old female living in NJ and working in NY (Hence my uber creative screen name). I have been diabetic for about 25 yrs. and currently facing kidney failure. I was at 28% in June when I somehow became dehydrated and went into total kidney failure. After a week in the hospital I got my kidneys back to 19% in July, but back down to 17% in August. My last Neph visit, he just looked at me and said "ok, if you had to pick right now, which dialysis would you want". At the time, I didn't know a thing about it! Since then I have been reading (a lot) and talking to family members. My wonderful sister has said she will be tested to see if she is a viable transplant donor for me (fingers crossed) and I have my first evaluation appointment in October. I have about a thousand questions and I cry a lot. So far I have learned a ton from this message board and hope to learn more. Thanks in advance for your advice and encouragement.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »

Welcome to IHD NyNJGirl!!!

I'm glad you're getting yourself informed about your options and choices as quickly as you can, and so glad our site has helped with that and hopefully can continue to help as our community is made up of so many with similar experiences and tips and knowledge to share.. so ask your thousands of questions and hopefully we can help things be a little easier for you.

So glad to have you on board!

RichardMEL, Moderator

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
UkrainianTracksuit

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »

:welcomesign; NyNjGirl!  Two of the few places in the USA I've been!  I love going shopping in Brighton Beach! 

I'm also a long term diabetic and I totally understand about dehydration, losing function fast and everything coming up ahead.  Glad to have you here. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »