I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 10:24:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Just wanted to let everyone know I miss you!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just wanted to let everyone know I miss you!!!!  (Read 8820 times)
Roxanne610

I just dont know anymore!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 09:03:51 PM »

I posted some pics of my dad so everyone can put a face to who we tried to help so much..I miss him so much guys...my mom is a total mess,, feel so bad for her dont even know what to do...:(

EDITED - Photos resized - Bajanne, Moderator
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:12:08 PM by bajanne2000 » Logged

My DAD:
Cirrohsis at 32 from Hepatitis C,,,,50 Liver Failure from Hep C, 52 Liver Transplant, 2000 Lymphoma from Anti Rejection Meds treated and has been fine. 
Present:  Kidney failure from Meds for the liver transplant
Hepatitis C is very very active which is damaging the liver they are worried that he may need a liver transplant to, but until he is strong enough to get the liver biopsy.  And now he is hit with blood infection that he caught in the hospital ( i feel from nurses being not gentle enough with him)....
Started Dialysis Nov 08...Just waiting to see what the miserable Hep C disease is doing to our liver before we can even think about a kidney transplant!!!! :(

Roxanne  :(
My prayers and thoughts are with everyone!!!
Roxanne610

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 09:23:33 PM »

Heres one of my family 9 years ago...

EDITED - photo resized - Bajanne, Moderator
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:18:34 PM by bajanne2000 » Logged

My DAD:
Cirrohsis at 32 from Hepatitis C,,,,50 Liver Failure from Hep C, 52 Liver Transplant, 2000 Lymphoma from Anti Rejection Meds treated and has been fine. 
Hepatitis C is very very active which is damaging the liver they are worried that he may need a liver transplant to, but until he is strong enough to get the liver biopsy.  And now he is hit with blood infection that he caught in the hospital ( i feel from nurses being not gentle enough with him)....
Started Dialysis Nov 08...Just waiting to see what the miserable Hep C disease is doing to our liver before we can even think about a kidney transplant!!!! :(

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »

Thanks for sharing those beautiful and moving pictures with us.  And thanks for still checking in with your IHD family.  My caring thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and your brother.  :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 10:56:13 PM »

Lovely photos Roxanne.  Thinking of you.    :grouphug;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 03:02:44 AM »

Roxanne they are lovely pictures - thank you. He was clearly a special man.

One thing does concern me though about your posts above. You said you went to the medium etc and that you "want more" - I don't want to seem uncaring or callous here but... you can't have more. You didn't mention what happened in the medium session but I'd hope that you could get some closure from it.

It is beautiful that you are all so committed to your father but I don't think he would want you dwelling with your lives totally on hold......

I don't mean to be rude or offensive but I sense there could be an issue.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
drinkboy

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 09:00:26 AM »

Nice pics Roxanne.   I know it's a rough  time right now for your mom  and your family.  My mom passed away last Sept and it is hard, but the best advice is to try and stay busy and keep your mind occupied, especially your mom.  Do what I do..I give my dad errands and tasks all the time just to help fill his time.  It works great because he is retired and has so much time on his hands and it makes him feel good to do things for me. 

My mom was truly my best friend and we were very close, but life has to go on.  I know she would want me to enjoy life and have as much fun as possible, just like she did.  I pray and "talk" to her everyday, but I try not to dwell on it too much.  It's a cliche, but there are better days and worse days, but the worse days aren't as bad anymore.

I'm sure your dad would want you all to still live life the same way you did prior. And I'm sure your mom will deal with the loss better each day   :)

Roxanne610

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »

Thanks everyone....Yea its so new that its still very hard...And Richard the medium helped it was a very spirtual thing we did..Right now anything that can help is better than nothing..

My DAD:

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »

Great pictures Roxanne.
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 05:08:18 PM »

Those are beautiful photos Roxanne.  I can see that you look a lot like your dad.

After my husband's dad died (he was only 59 and he died very unexpectedly of a heart attack), my husband and his siblings spread their father's ashes on a mountain near his home.  The next time my husband went to the spot on the mountain a bird came and sat on a tree branch right next to his head and proceeded to sing a clear beautiful song for him.  My husband wrote a piece of music about the experience.  He calls it "I knew it was you."  He was happy that his father found a way to come to him one last time.  At some point, maybe when you least expect it, you may have a moment when your dad is right there with you again.  Even if that never happens, a part of him will always be inside of you.

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »