I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Hello, Question about Kidney disease from a new member
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, Question about Kidney disease from a new member  (Read 2320 times)
stanhere

« on: February 13, 2016, 05:00:07 AM »

Hello everyone, I am asking this on behalf of my elder brother. He has been diagnosed with CKD and has been undergoing dialysis for about 5 months but recently he has been experiencing breath shortage and coughing a lot and sometimes he spits out blood - I read online about something called good pasture syndrome, the symptoms of good pasture syndrome is similar to what my brother has been experiencing for the last 2 weeks or so and it seems to be a common occurrence among people with kidney disease. I would really appreciate some advise / suggestions on how to handle this situation.
hatedialysis2

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:28:51 AM »

Has your brother's physician diagnosed him with goodpasture syndrome?  you need the right diagnosis in order to treat the cause.   
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:10:30 PM »

Stan please go introduce yourself.

You brother may have too much fluid on and have to challenge his dry weight.

Rerun, Admin.

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 08:12:11 AM »

Welcome to IHD.  You have come to the right place to ask questions and get answers from those that have often been there and already done that.

As for your Brother coughing up blood, that may be caused by any of a number of things, none good.  And it is critical that he be followed closely and tested to rule out many conditions until positively proving which condition it is.

You have valid concern for your Brother's health and if he agrees perhaps you may accompany him on some of his Dr's appointments and relay your concerns.   The Dr may take your thoughts into consideration, or may explain why, or why not Goodpasture's is a valid diagnosis.

Make notes of questions you may have so not to forget while you are there.

Take Care,

Charlie B53
Fabkiwi06

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 08:08:35 PM »

I had similar symptoms at the start of my dialysis and was diagnosed with a pulmonary edema. Mine was bad enough that I ended up in the hospital for a few days. Definitely get it checked out.

surprise kidney failure - oct. 2015
emergency hemo - oct. 2015
switched to pd - dec. 2015
transplant list - apr. 2016
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »