I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:24:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Blood in Urine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood in Urine  (Read 2846 times)
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« on: February 25, 2007, 04:52:05 PM »

CAN YOU ADVISE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About 5 years ago I stopped urinating.  For about 3 1/2 years now, I go to the toilet in the morning, I still get the urge but, NO PEE!
What I do get though is about a table-spoon full of blood?  Some time it's bright red and other times it's very dark (almost brown)

I have had Every test imaginable scans, scrapes, x-rays cameras and ops.  At one time I was told it may be cancer. (that Really freaked me out) another time I was told that it may be scar tissue from previous operations, and the last time I was told it may be part of my kidney breaking up!! They assure me that they are pretty sure it's not cancer. They said It's probably not serious (maybe not to them).

Every time I go to clinic I mention "I'm still bleeding" but, they seem to have gone deaf ???

Has anyone experienced anything like this?  I would hate to have problems in the future, that could be treated now.

Bill.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:37:10 PM by billoggblog » Logged

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 05:50:25 PM »

Wow I don't have that problem! Ya that would worry me as well.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 05:52:34 PM »

No, I can't say that I have that problem.  Hey, you've done all you can to alert them.  What else can you do?

:banghead;

mymoonring

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »

hey  that can be alarming, I know with polysystic Kidneys sometimes the cyst can break and one can urinate blood, I have PKD, never happened to me but my dad and my sister have had it happen to them. Do you have a kidney doc? Good luck hope all goes well
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 06:30:57 AM »

Hubby has the same thing !.  Has been like it for years. He hasn't peed for about 7 years.  Docs and nurses have told him that it is stuff that builds up in the bladder and kidneys because they aren't functioning. He may go a little while and not see anything and then there it is again.  Another guy in the unit that he was going to was the same way.  I made a post awhile ago about this but didn't hear from anyone with the same symptoms.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 07:41:40 AM »

Hubby has the same thing !.  Has been like it for years. He hasn't peed for about 7 years.  Docs and nurses have told him that it is stuff that builds up in the bladder and kidneys because they aren't functioning. He may go a little while and not see anything and then there it is again.  Another guy in the unit that he was going to was the same way.  I made a post awhile ago about this but didn't hear from anyone with the same symptoms.

:thx; for your post del.  At least now I know, I'm not alone.  Also you were Bang-on, it does go away for a short time, then comes back ???

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
bluedove57

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:58:19 AM »

Could it be a bladder infection?
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 08:25:09 AM »

hubby has been treated for a bladder infection for it when there has been a lot and it cleared it up for a while but you can't be on antibiotics all the time either.  Some have told him its because of a dry bladder.  I don't know, but the dry bladder may cause infection??  It's good to know someone else has this as well.  Hubby gets kind of worried over it.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »