I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  pd surgery one year ago
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pd surgery one year ago  (Read 1911 times)
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« on: February 28, 2007, 12:10:10 PM »

I was thinking today that it was a year ago tomorrow (3/1) that I had my surgery for the pd access.
What a mess I was on 2/28 - so depressed and scared and nervous.  I shed many tears that
day.  It all happened pretty fast.  I even considered not going on dialysis.  Now a yr. later,
it's hard to believe it's been a year already.  I had not discovered IHD until I was on dialysis
for about 5-6 months.  Now on the cycler which works well for me and I'm grateful to be able to use.
My problems this year were not dialysis related but broken hand bones from a
car accident, severe toe infection and still strugglling with a heel problem.  Pray for it if you will.
Keeping my blood count up has been a real challenge with plenty of epo shots and infusions
of iron and a bigger challenge I think is trying to keep my blood pressure down and under
control.  Tends to run on high side still.   But I feel like I am really doing well if my heel will
just heal so I could maybe go back to work p-t
and be up and about more as the weather seems to be improving.
God bless you all and thanks for all your support and prayers and words of encouragement as we all
travel these roads life takes us on.   

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »

Wow, one year.  I will pray for continued healing for you.  I hope next year you are even better.  Maybe even have a transplant.

:beer1;

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 03:13:07 PM »

Goes to show you O.B.  Everything gets better (and easier) with a little time ;)  Glad to hear you are doing better and i hope your heel gets better soon also.  Is it a spur you have?  I had one in each heel not too long ago, they hurt like hell, i know that much :P   Take care and Godspeed my friend  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »