I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:36:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  The Chat Room
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Chat Room  (Read 2060 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: February 23, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »

I was just wondering why the chat room doesnt get used a lot ? I think i have only talked / seen one person in there once! I can see from the rest of the site we all love a good natter. Is it just timing that stops you going in , there is a big time difference over here, is that why i dont see anyone ? :yahoo;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »

It's all about timing, kickstart.  When I'm on here late at night, there are often a half dozen or more people in the chat room.

If you want to talk, sometimes it helps to just go in when it's empty, and then open a new window to surf around while you wait.  Someone will usually show up to say hello in a bit.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 01:55:21 PM »

Most I have seen at one time was 9 people!

There are screenshots and quotes about it in this thread: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1349.msg37794#msg37794

Usually the best idea is if you want to chat, just post that you will be in at such and such a time (and timezone lol) and people will usually jump in and chat with you! There are always so many people on at once here that you just KNOW it will happen! ;)  :clap; :2thumbsup; :beer1;

I would jump in right now but I am supposed to be at dialysis an hour ago but my cab is an hour late  :banghead; so I am now waiting on my mom instead.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 02:02:22 PM »

I was just wondering why the chat room doesnt get used a lot ? I think i have only talked / seen one person in there once! I can see from the rest of the site we all love a good natter. Is it just timing that stops you going in , there is a big time difference over here, is that why i dont see anyone ? :yahoo;
Hi Kickstart,
I usually try to get on between 8 pm and 11 pm Pacific Standard Time, which is maybe 4 am for you?
I can't remember the time difference for UK, but I will check to see if you're on sometime. While you
are checking the board, go in the chatroom and hang out, and if I spot you during the day I will say hi!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 09:41:42 AM »

It is all about timing. 9 p.m. California time seems to be a busy time in the chat room. But then I have been up at three a.m. and talked to people in the chat room.  Keep checking. We are there.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 11:18:45 AM »

Alisa,
   I had a huge computer glitch happen when we were talking in the chat room this monring.  Forgive the computer and I for crashing out on you! 

kitkatz

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »