I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 10:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Having problem w/ dialysis..HELP??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Having problem w/ dialysis..HELP??  (Read 2365 times)
treesx4

« on: November 28, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »

I have been doing In center Hemo for  almost a year now, and the issues I am having now are, I gain no fluid. I am at weight or below. Usually the do a "rinse back" only. I go now only one time a week. The issue is I am getting terrible headaches and right eye ache after dialysis. About half way through my hands and face start tingling. Am I ready to have my time brought down? I am @ 3:45. The nurses don't seem to know what to do. I have had lots of issues w/ this clinic, they have "tried" to kill me several times and I have ended up in the hospital. I wish I could be brave enough to stick myself so I could do it at home, but its not an option. What do ya'll think? ???

April 2011..2 biopsy's
April 2011..In hospital one week, had PD cath. put in.
June 2001..Started PD @ home
July 2011...PD cath. wrapped around my Bowels and was resting on my liver, had to have it repositioned.
August 2011..Had PD cath removed, Diaphragm had a hole and fluid was on my lungs.
August 2011..Had Ash Splint put in my chest..started Dialysis with DCI.
November 2011...In hospital for on week due to P.E...new dialysis machine and I didn't get my Heparin and it caused clots in my lungs.
December 2011..Had chest cath. replaced due to leak.
Feb. 2012...had access put in my arm...
May 2012...had chest cath. ripped out...no pain meds at all.

"Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind." Isaiah 58:8
Sydnee

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

I'd go to your nephrologist and ask. The clinic needs to follow the orders the dr gave so go to him/her.
If you never have excess water to take off makes me wonder if they have your dry weigh to high.
 I have no person experience with once a week dialysis so can't comment on that.

One thing the dr told my hubby on the last clinic day was that each person is very different. My hubby's labs were almost identical to a woman he was having admitted to the hospital but Ed was doing "great" dr's word.
Wish I could help more.

After a hard fight to not start I started dialysis 9/13
started on PD
hoping for home hemo starting to build a fistula 1/14
cause PKD diagnosed age 14

Wife to Ed (who started dialysis 1/12 and got his kidney 10/13)
Mother to Gehlan 18, Alison 16, Jonathan 12, and Evalynn 7. All still at home.
www.donate2benefit.webs.com
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »

This is rather confusing to me. I think you should make a list of questions and meet with your doctor.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »

I agree with upper posts.  But honestly, sounds like they are drawing too much fluid off.  Ask the neph or ask your clinic to drop the UF to -0- when you feel these symptoms.  They have got to remove the toxins too, so please don't go to one day only.  That will catch up to you in the long run. 
You might ask for reduction in time.  Runing at 3:45 is pretty much the norm, but they may gradually reduce that a little.  But fluid is not the only thing that needs removing, there are some deadly toxins that kidneys get rid of too.  If you have no function at all, the machiine will get them off.

I know this has to be hell on you at your age.  But you have got to go on living for your kids.  They need you Trees!

Keep us posted on what they find.  Will be praying for you!

God Bless,
lmunchkin :kickstart;

PS.  It is your body and you need to take control of your care. Always advocate for yourself, cause no one else will!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:02:13 PM by lmunchkin » Logged

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

it does sound like you're losing too much fluid.. I know some people who have fluid replaced, simply because they don't need fluid removed.. This is something to talk to your doctor about, though

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 06:15:54 PM »

I am one of those, I get 300 cc flushes every hour, but getting them to actually do it is like beating a dead horse, so now after lots of complaining, I have a sign above my machine it's a kitten trying to jump in a fish bowl trying to get a gold fish and it says I need flushes! I actually had to switch centers a while back because the techs would actually refuse to do it because my bp wasn't low, and I had a tech at this same center that would pull fluid because she just felt like it. The reason you need the flushes is not sure about your center, but mine they can't turn the uf totally off, they have to pull a minimal amount of fluid so the machine can clean your blood. How is your urine output?

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
mamagemini

It's all me.

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »

This interests me.....ALOT. Lately I have been getting a headache in my eye during hemo. I also get tingling for a whole day the next day.
My last treatment was a freakout...My alarm went off a half hour early and my tech came over, he said why is this at 3 hours? I said I don't know, I don't know how to work it! If I did I would, lol. He looked at it and went to fix it and then noticed I was at having 3 liters taken off!!! I never have done that ever! I knew I was getting ready to cramp and told him this along with dizziness. The tech on my area came over and got involved and said I want to take her off. The first tech said no leave her on, its Friday. She disagreed and said she is coming off this is my area and my patient. Then the nurse came over and they all were looking at my numbers and kept asking who took off 3 liters?? They gave me a liter of Saline wihich stopped the oncoming cramps. My dry weight is at 83 and I came in at 85.2. When I came off my BP went down, then up and finally normal but my pulse was 137. They still let me pack up. When I weighed I was 81.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was woozy but still wanted out. All day the next day I was weak and wiped out. I had to sit a lot. Took a long nap. Couldnt think straight all day.
Now these headaches and tingling along with nausea are concerning me. I am wondering if it is the Heparin? I have issues with NSAIDS and isn't that in the family? I am so confused. I think when I tell them the minimum they go ahead and try taking more without me knowing....

FSGS/Nephrotic syndrome 2005
AV Fistula placed right arm inside elbow 4/2012
Started HD 9/7/2012
Started PD Oct 2015
Parathyroid removed 6/2019
Cellulitis in Fistula 8/2019
RT arm Fistula removed 9/2019
treesx4

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 08:45:57 PM »

When I finally had to start Hemo, leaving PD sadly behind, I was on @ 3 days a week. After several months I had a breakdown in my doctors office and told her I couldn't handle it anymore. She looked @ my numbers and said "Well we can move you to 2 days." I was ecstatic! After several months, I started feeling worse, so Dr. checked my numbers again and said, You are doing good enough for only 1 day a week. I have not ever gained fluid or swollen, so they DO NOT take fuid off, just do a "rinse back". I am not on a diet/drink restriction. I pee like a race horse...lol..My weight stays around 68. My numbers are great! About 1/2 way through I start tingling in my hands and face, then my head starts to thump. My heart rate goes up and my BP goes down. The nurses started giving me fluid before I leave to help. I scare them, due to freaky stuff usually happend to me. The think is they tell me I am end-stage, FSGS, but was put on dialysis because I was symptomatic. Thank you for your input/info, I am learning a lot!!!
You guys rock!

April 2011..2 biopsy's
April 2011..In hospital one week, had PD cath. put in.
June 2001..Started PD @ home
July 2011...PD cath. wrapped around my Bowels and was resting on my liver, had to have it repositioned.
August 2011..Had PD cath removed, Diaphragm had a hole and fluid was on my lungs.
August 2011..Had Ash Splint put in my chest..started Dialysis with DCI.
November 2011...In hospital for on week due to P.E...new dialysis machine and I didn't get my Heparin and it caused clots in my lungs.
December 2011..Had chest cath. replaced due to leak.
Feb. 2012...had access put in my arm...
May 2012...had chest cath. ripped out...no pain meds at all.

"Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind." Isaiah 58:8
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 06:35:24 PM »

yep gotta watch those techs sometimes, someone did the same to me pulled off 3 leaders when I'm not suppose to have any pulled.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »