I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 08:06:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anyone else have "crazies" at Hemo?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else have "crazies" at Hemo?  (Read 5533 times)
malaka

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »

I don't think I'm a crazy, but I feel its my role to lighten the burden of the staff.  I try to make them laugh and sometimes succeed.  Student nurse doing her rotations through dialysis clinic last week, just observing and being educated.  I told her hemodialysis patients are great in one respect:  we're really easy to imject with IV meds.  She was puzzled, but the tech laughed and explained that our "veins" were running in and out of the dialysis machine, so that's where the meds are injected.

At my center, the better your mentation, the earlier you're there.  Third shift is reserved more of less for the basket cases.  I started there like all newbies do, and I was VERY unhappy at first.  I think its a scheme to make you feel better about yourself.
The Lady

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »

We have a bad kind of crazy.

A guy who moved to my state because the Gubmint bennies are better and easier to get, he is smelly, loud, obnoxious and gets in everyone's business. On at least one occasion he tried to scam on of the elderly patients into leaving her Home to move in with him and his gf in Section 8 housing so his gf could get $$ from the state for being her caretaker. He wanted to stick her on his couch...an elderly woman in a wheelchair with kidney disease, diabetes and cancer.

He also doesn't give a crap...he only comes when he feels like it. He got kicked off the local transport for not showing up. He goes on about transplant and how his daughter will be his donor...and then sneaks off to the dumpsters to smoke.

Ugh. He's just odious.

Everyone else is pretty great!
Annig83

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »

Yesterday I got asked out by a 66 year old man!...Awesome! lol  :rofl;

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »