I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2024, 04:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Nausea
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 9067 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »

Gerald Lively, marking his territory...

:rofl;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »

I second the Sensipar.  I did fine the first couple of months, then started puking with every dose.

For the diabetics looking for answers - look up gastroparesis.  The diabetic neuropathy can affect the nerves in you stomach that tell it to digest the food.  The meal you eat, especially a heavy one with high fiber or lots of grease and meat, tend to simply sit in your stomach without moving on.  Eventually, the stomach pumps itself full of bile, and all the food and acid comes back up - usually in the morning, after you've been laying on it all night. 
Reglan helps - it makes your muscles contract and forces the stomach and intestines to push the food through the system.

You know you've puked too often when you have a favorite bucket to throw up in.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

smokinbeaver

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 10:54:44 AM »

Glad you are still peeing Gerald. If you wore a long skirt, you could get away with peeing in other places besides home. You stoop down like you are tying your shoe or looking at something and just leak. I've had a cold with frequent coughing, so I water the backyard plants here since we are in a drought.

Sharon
smokinbeaver

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »

Oh, sorry, but on the discussion of nausea, my husband cooked 2 thinner steaks on the grill yesterday. We had corn on the cop and deviled eggs, and with his appetite still being reduced, that is all he ate. I section of steak, smaller sz portion, 2 ears of corn, and 1 half of an egg, deviled. He felt real full, and later on threw it all up. He said he didn't feel any repercussions from it today and is at dialysis. He is like the incredible shrinking man, still losing weight. His dr stopped Byetta which helped his blood sugar and helped him lose weight. As soon as he was off of it his blood sugars started going high, so they decided he could take it again which helped his blood sugars go back to normal. It also keeps his appetitie down. He never got to the point of nausea and throwing up before he started dialysis like some people do even though his creatine and bun was high.
Sharon
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 01:02:46 AM »

Oddly enough, at least for me, is that I get nauseous every morning and am not even on D yet. All my numbers have been the same for over a year now and I just saw my neph a couple of weeks ago. So I cant imagine what is going on.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
MaryD
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 02:18:57 AM »

Jean - Could it be morning sickness?

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »

I've had a form of morning sickness for at least 25 years now.  I can't look at food or beverage for at least an hour to an hour and a half after arising in the morning.  Was a PITA in High School when I had to battle everyday between sleeping in, eating breakfast and primping LOL  Now I just bring my breakfast to work and eat it at a reasonable hour.
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »

I had morning sickness for years when I was first diagnosed. It was partly an electrolyte imbalance. But the doc said I wasn't having the right stomach motility. Apparently your stomach is always on the move. He told me that a sugary drink in the morning would jump start it and it often helped.
Gerald Lively

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »

I'm nauseas every morning and my abdomen is sticking out; what does that mean?

Maybe I'm Octomom?

Hodgkin's Lymphoma - 1993
Prostate Cancer - 1994
Gall Bladder - 1995
Prostate Cancer return - 2000
Radiated Prostate 
Cataract Surgery 2010
Hodgkin's Lymphoma return - 2011 - Chemo
Renal Failure - 2011
Renal Function returned after eight months of dialysis - 2012
Hodgkin's Lymphoma returned 2012 - Lifetime Chemo

Human hopes and human creeds
have their roots in human needs.

Eugene Fitch Ware
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 01:14:19 AM »

I am laughing soooo hard that I am peeing all over myself.  Thanks for the "release" people! Don't know how much more my bladder can stand!!!

lmunchkin

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
smokinbeaver

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »

Gerald, the new Octomom! Bet your wife would like that, you producing 8 babies and she not having to go through labor, lol. Maybe we could get more attention for the plight of folks on dialysis and that have had cancer more then once if Gerald gave birth to 8 human babies.
l

Sharon
limonman

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 08:50:35 PM »

I've been having trouble with nausea so I asked the Dr for Zophran. Works very well. I know I could hurl but it helps hold it back.
I you get on on it, make sure your pill insurance covers it. It's $172 at Walgreens. I had to change my plan to United to get it paid for.
Or it's $22 in Canada. Same meds made in Goa India.
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2012, 05:15:57 AM »

There is a generic of Zofran that shouldn't cost that much. It should be about $25/month here in US without insurance. Make sure you get ODT which is the pill that dissolves in your mouth. Works better if you're really nauseated.
Hazmat35

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »

Hazmat, are you taking sensipar?  That is notoriously nausea-inducing.  It helps if you take it with a lot of food, preferably higher in fat--yum!!

Yes, I take sensipar, 4 x per week. 

Brother Passed away - 1990 - Liver Disease
Diagnosed w/ Polycystic Kidney Disease - 1998
Mother passed away - Feb. 1999 - PKD
Sister passed away - Feb. 2006 - PKD
AV Fistula / Upper Left Arm - September 2009
Father passed away - September 2009
In-Center Hemo Dialysis - April 2010
Broken Knee Cap - January 2015
Diagnosed w/ A-Fib October 2017
Surgery to repair Hiatal Hernia 2018
Multiple Fistula Grams / Angioplasty's since then!

Hating Dialysis since Day 1 and everyday since then!!!!  :)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »