I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 04:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Big day tomorow Tuesday, 2 Needles, Not happy I Hate Needles!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big day tomorow Tuesday, 2 Needles, Not happy I Hate Needles!  (Read 3200 times)
kevno

« on: January 30, 2006, 10:02:37 AM »

Well it seems to have come round so quick. I was told at the beginning of the Year that 2 needles would be tried at the end of Jan.  So nurse Rachel,(AKA sister Vicious ;D) is the one who is going to try to get the 2 needles in. It's been 2000 since I had 2 needles. I got very ill, dried out and my fistula stopped I had the fistula since 1980.  The doctors just put Tesio lines in my neck and left it at that.  They did not try to start the fistula unit 2001, so it was left for nearly one year.  I was in theatre for over 6 hours, just to try to restart a fistula.  They had to cut right up the full length of the fistula. From my wrist to the top of my arm.  It took 44 staples. Then I still lost the bottom 6 inches of the fistula.
I still have the tesio lines in my neck, they both still work OK. So nervous about tomorrow had no sleep last night.  Just the dreams for when I was a child on Haemo.  Being Held down, I never have  these dreams when my lines are to be used. Just bad experiences when I was young with needles.  You would think getting older you would not have these fears.  But they are still there deep down.

anyway roll on Tuesday.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:32:12 PM »

Dear God, please be with Kevo tomorrow before and during Dialysis.  You have promised to not put us through more then we can handle, so please give him comfort as the needles are placed and Lord guide the hand that places them.  Please be with him during the run to make sure the needles stay in place and they do not hurt him.  I pray this in Jesus Name.  Amen~

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 02:15:11 PM »

Well we should have a reply soon of how everything went. I hope it went well for you. Please let us know how it turned out.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kevno

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:38:48 AM »

Did have a go, First needle went in OK.  Then the second, the local stings a bit, but not that bad.  Then the big Needle (OUCH!) :-[. Rachel thinks she had hit a nerve. The pain shot right down my arm.  So the needle had to be taken out :o. So one needle and one line YET AGAIN! 

"Next Time" Rachel said "I will go in the side of the fistula"  :-\  Yeah! as if! After that I do not feel like letting Rachel have another go with two needles. The needle hurt every time Rachel tried to push the needle up the vein. She even had a machine so you could hear wear the vein was.  She did say it was a deep fistula. ::)

Next dailysis Having a rest 8). Then D-day Saturday again.  Rachel is back on duty. :o. Not looking forward to it but, i suppose it has to be done.  These lines can not last forever. Plus where the one needle has been used the vein does stand out. Only trouble is it is only a 2 inches long stretch of vein.

Thanks for your support. It is very much appreciated. :)

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »