I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 06:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Needs Monies
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Needs Monies  (Read 2542 times)
bleija

« on: June 06, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »

okay, so as ive been so excited to tell everyone, my brother was a match and we are a 4 out of 6 match, and my surgery is scheduled for july 10th, 33 days away now. found out yesterday tht i need almost 3000 to pay for the surgery. i have Medicare, but only covers 80% and i am responsible upfront for the 20. I have the money for the prescriptions, but they want that sepaerate. I dnt know what to do. I sent a letter to a local newspaper. I chose my birthday to get my kidney to try to got some kind of awareness, im gonna write to the local news stations, im sure they would love a heartfelt story of the greatest birthday gift. Any ideas are welcomed. I am planning several car washes, and my mother in law offered to make and sell tamales. i am desperate. you guys understand more than anyone else.
noahvale
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:29:27 AM »

^
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:57:33 AM by noahvale » Logged
bleija

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:12:30 AM »

thank you, this is really helpful, i have told many of my friends and they spoke to several churches are doing fundraisers for me. I never knew anything like this existed will definitely be giving them a call.
Neither of my parents are  working, they have a county funded insurance.
my financial coordinator, i get the impression that hes really lazy, he takes forever to get back to me and idk i just get that vibe. We told him we would be willing to fundraise and we have a lot in the past, bc they wanted us to have 3 grand in an account for prescriptions post transplant, but thaty took us longer than 33 days which is the deadline now.
over the phone he mentioned that american kidney fund might keyword might cover his part, but i dnt know what i need to do to get that rolling, i wanna be prepared just incase i have o cover everything
noahvale
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »

^
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:57:10 AM by noahvale » Logged
bleija

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »

my parents are both retired, its polk healthcare. like the idea of medicaid but for those that dnt qualify and they do have copays. I did call the the hope live whatever foundation. I talked to the lady and she is gonna email some information and an application, but im not so sure thats the thing for me, maybe if i had more time, but i will look over it and see whats there. I ooked on the american kidney fund site and thats all i could see wass 100 bucks. BUt the coordinator was saying somewhere could cover all of my donors expenses and i would just be responsible for 1156, my original pertion.
bleija

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »

talked to the financial coordinator, and he saidd that we ddnt need all f it to be able to go forth with the surgery.... can u say huge releif?!?!? but they would like me to put somehting down toward it, and the rest they will work with us to make payments
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »