I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  A question and something cool happened today
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question and something cool happened today  (Read 1562 times)
needlephobic

« on: November 11, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »

First off all has anybody here ever had problems getting your numbing cream? I put in the prescription over 2 weeks ok. The insurance company denied me on Oct 28th according to the letter at the neph's office. Funny thing is I received a letter from the insurance company on Nov 7th that states I was approved on Oct 28th until Oct 31 of this year. The letter was dated Nov 1st. I have called them my Neph's office called them and the letter they sent me according to the insurance office does not exist. They did not send me no such letter and I am still in limbo on the cream. I have Medicare and Medicade by the way.

Second thing is I was at a activity center for adults with special needs and disabilities and we had some college students come in doing a project for there class on the disabled. The had mike and camera in hand and enterviewed me. and I told them a ear full about kidney failure and Dialysis and what it is like to live from day to day with this disease and being at dialysis every other day. Also told the about people need to be tested and about donating there kidney. They found it quite interesting. So hopefully I open some ears in there class.   
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:23:49 PM »

fresenius pays for my cream. it comes directly from their pharmacy. new medicare laws, it's one of the things they have to cover.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
HILINE

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 04:35:50 AM »

why use it? The pain is only for a second :sir ken;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »