I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 08:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Runny Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Runny Eyes  (Read 2476 times)
Smeggy

I'm A Leaf On The Wind

« on: October 04, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »

Does anybody else get weepy/runny eyes after their weekend (or two days away) off from Dialysis?

I'm careful with how much I drink, eat and so forth, but after a weekend (or Sunday/Monday) off my eyes are so runny to the point people think I'm crying.

I've already asked the 'professionals', but was given a look as if to say 'you're weird' and told "No idea, maybe it's just you."

So, just thought I'd ask you lovely people.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:31:56 AM by Smeggy » Logged

I aim to misbehave.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:33:48 PM »

Hey Smeggy,

Since you called me (ok us!) lovely I'll answer this and say.....

.... I have no freakin' clue!! :(  Sorry!! One would have thought this was sort of a good(?!) way to get rid of some excess fluid!! Seriously though that sounds rather difficult. You don't have onions hidden in your bedroom or something?

I've never encounted or heard of anything like that unfortunately. I'm sorry I can't offer anything helpful here. Could it be some kind of, I don't know, allergy? Does seem odd if it is consistently only happening on your D weekends - you're "crying" to get back to the machine? I think not!!!!

I hope someone can shed some light on this unusual situation. Has it always happened or is it just a newish occurance?

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »

Smeggy, way off topic here, but what in the world is your avatar?  That is so damned spooky! :rofl;

I have no idea what could be causing your runny eyes, but like RMel said, allergies was the first thing that occurred to me.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:19:09 AM »

MM you know I wondered that too, but then I realised it's really no different from what I see when I look in the mirror so......  :rofl; (see who needs dialysis to make a girl's eyes water? the world has me for that!!!  >:D

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Smeggy

I'm A Leaf On The Wind

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:51:14 AM »

@MooseMom: Oh, it's a Mango. My brother and sister were cheering me up just before I was about to go on Dialysis and that was a 'present' dad gave me, but my siblings 'improved' it by making it seem like one of my doctors faces. They got inspired by a bunch of eggs with faces* from pictures on the net.

It worked, I chewed it up like a starving man would a steak.

*http://www.holytaco.com/25-egg-sharpie-faces/

I aim to misbehave.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 04:25:44 AM »

haha what awesome siblings! That's so sweet :)

I would have never guessed a mango!! lol

Smeggy

I'm A Leaf On The Wind

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 04:34:01 AM »

Well, it's a Mango that's in a bowl thats in a fridge... it was too perfect to not take a photo of.

I aim to misbehave.
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 06:18:35 AM »

Smeggy:  are you by chance diabetic?   Hubby has the "weepy eyes" at times on his "off days" and his neph suggests it is due to buildup of toxins and some kind of relationship to the retinopathy he has going on causing more strain on his eyes which makes them water....

And I LOVE your mango. 

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
mcclane

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »

Yes !!  You are not the only one.  If I do 6-8 hour dialysis every night, then my eyes don't run.  But I find if I do short runs over the weekend (2-3 hours) then by sunday, my eyes do start running, usually in the mornings, by noon it does stop.

When my peritoneal membrane stopped working, my eyes ran constantly.  I theorize it is due to the fluid overload.  It doesn't take much fluid to overload, even if you are careful.
Smeggy

I'm A Leaf On The Wind

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 05:38:19 AM »

@looneytunes Luckily I'm not diabetic... yet, but it is a good explination.

I aim to misbehave.
*kana*

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »

I see the mango now, but I didnt at first and I thought it was a weird growth in an area no person wants a weird growth.  Sorry, I hope you find it as funny as I do and not be offended that I didnt see a mango.   :o
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:31:57 PM by *kana* » Logged

PD started 09/08
PKD kidneys removed 06/17/09

Failed donor transplant-donor kidney removed,
suspected cancer so not used 06/17/09

Hemo 06/2009-08/2009

Liberty Cycler-11/09-5/13
Nx Stage-current tx
Diagnosed with SEP 2014
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 05:02:32 AM »

Are you sure it is not an allergy? I used to get stuffed up, sneezing and sunny eyes at my clinic. After I complained enough, they had someone come look at the heating/cooling system. It was loaded with mold! (which I am highly allergic to). Once they cleaned it, I was fine. If it's happening at home, check your bathroom (especially under any carpet or rug) and kitchen (the two places most likely to get mold) Just a thought! Hope you find the cause soon. Let us know.

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »