I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 06:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Still trying to hang in there...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still trying to hang in there...  (Read 3626 times)
alewis328

« on: September 12, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »

Hello all.  I'm sorry that I have not posted on here in some time. We have had a pretty rough time here lately and it seemed like I hit rock bottom for awhile. He was sooo sick and I was terrified.  Oh, and my car got broken into and my iPod was stolen so unless I was actually near a computer, there was no way for me to check in.. (it has just been a great couple of weeks!)
Anyway, the good news is that they are trying a few new things with D.  And I am happy to report that they seem to be working. This past weekend was the first time in a very long time when he actually had energy to go and do.  Plus he slept!  All night long, 3 nights and running now!  That is very exciting news to both of us. :)
Of course, today is Monday and it seems that as soon as he begins to feel good, it all catches up with me. I feel like a big ol pile of crappola and just feel so DRAINED! I just want to take a nap. Even though I did plenty of that over the weekend. So who knows?  I will bounce back eventually right>?
As long as he is feeling better, that is all that really matters.

I have missed reading all of your posts. And since I can't seem to stay focused at work today, and the frown at people that sleep at their desks,  maybe I will use the rest of the afternoon to catch up.
I hope everone is well!

Ash

Girlfriend and caregiver to an amazing man & dialysis patient
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:48 PM »

So glad to hear that things are getting a little smoother for you all.   :2thumbsup;    But it's a bummer about your iPod...... :(

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 01:31:48 PM »

Awww, I'm glad he's had a good weekend, but miffed on your behalf about your car and iPod.  There's some mean people around.

As long as he is feeling better, that is all that really matters.
Now, now ... you know that's not true.  Yes, it's brilliant when our significant others are feeling good/better/energetic but it's not all that really matters.  You matter too.  I think a long hot bath followed by an early(-ish) bedtime tonight will put you into Bounce Back mode! 

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 06:23:50 PM »

So glad to hear things are improving somewhat for you and D.  Yes, he does matter but you matter too!  I know that you are exhausted!  Just try to make it easier on yourself, that is all you can do.  I always ask myself, where would they be without us?  There is a reason they are in our lives and though we may not understand the reason, still there is a reason!  Right?

Just be strong for him, Alewis, but take care of yourself too!  I keep reminding myself, that they didn't ask for this to happen, cause it is soooo easy to get frustrated with them.  Then when we do, we feel awful about it afterwards!  You know, we feel quilty for not being or showing more compassion towards their situation.  They know it's not what we wanted either, but what can they do?  We have to be mindful and respectful of each others situation!

So glad things are getting better, and hey, I do understand the exhaustion, but you just have to relax a bit and take some ME time every now and then!

You are doing a good Job, so give yourself a "break", okay?  And thanks for coming back and we all are holding our own as you are too!

God Bless,
lmunchkin

:kickstart;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
alewis328

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 11:12:16 PM »

Hi everyone.  It has been so long since I have been able to spend some time on here.  You all probably think that maybe I have dropped off the face off the earth??
I thought about starting a new topic but saw the title to this last one I started and I do believe that it is still fitting. I think that is all I try to do anymore. Things are stating to look up...I hope anyway.  D had his fistula placed yesterday. The surgery went well and things seem to be going ok so far. Except for the fact that the pain medicine they gave him gives him cotton mouth and he cant stand that. So he declared this afternoon that he wouldn't be taking that anymore. I must give him credit, he held out longer than I thought he would.  He finally just caved and asked for one about an hour ago. And he has now made his way off to bed. I should be following him but I felt the urge to jump on here "just real quick"...ya right.
D starts NxStage training on Thursday.  Soon after that I will be arranging to take some time off work and do my bit in the training. I am nervous but pretty excited too.  When he did that 3 day trial, it was seriously the best 3 days we have had in the last year. And since then, it has been nothing but problems. Including a couple of stays in the hospital. Oh joy!
Anyway,  I just wanted to stop in while I could.
How are all of you? I'm hoping that nothing but good comes your way.
Now I am off to catch up on all your posts....

Ash

Girlfriend and caregiver to an amazing man & dialysis patient
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:06:17 AM »

Hi Ash, Lovely of you to pop back in!  I hope that training goes okay for you both. 

*huggles*

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »