I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2024, 01:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  What is wrong with me!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is wrong with me!!!  (Read 3659 times)
pitagory

Sorry guys for my spelling and punctuation

« on: September 17, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »

Hello I have been on PD since January of this year and I do one green bag for 8 hours a night and everything has been ok until about 3 weeks ago I have been gaing a lot of wieght and for the past week or so I havent been able to catch my breath my total UF would always be 1000 to 1200 or so and now its 300 to 500 what is going on why am I not draing like I use to. my neufrolagist said my weight gain is do to calorie intake but now I am beging to wonder I do not want to do hemo. I am going to my monthely check up this friday so I will talk to my doctor then.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:39:54 PM by pitagory » Logged

"I dont need easy,  I just need posible"
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »

I hate to ask this since we always do, but are you constipated? I have a lot of trouble pulling off fluid when I am constipated. But if you're having trouble breathing you're retaining too much fluid. Are you able to use a red bag and pull off more fluid? Miralax is recommended to get rid of the constipation or sometimes my nurse gives me something to drink. But be careful. If you really can't breathe you may need the ER.
pitagory

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:21:29 AM »

I hate to ask this since we always do, but are you constipated? I have a lot of trouble pulling off fluid when I am constipated. But if you're having trouble breathing you're retaining too much fluid. Are you able to use a red bag and pull off more fluid? Miralax is recommended to get rid of the constipation or sometimes my nurse gives me something to drink. But be careful. If you really can't breathe you may need the ER.

Hello No I'm not constipated I do have regual BM's. and I can still breath is just when I want to take a deep breath that I have a hard time.I did try one red and I only pulled about  350. I just feel so full all the time especialy when I eat something light I feel like I ate 3 steak dinners. Well we'll see what my doctor say on friday when I see him.

Quickfeet

Mack Potato

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 02:44:15 AM »

fluid intake should be roughly equal to urine and uf out put. So you might measure your urine and compare.

Hopefully there isn't anything wrong with your lining.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 04:06:04 AM »

So are you saying that you are doing 4 manual bags a day? Green over night and say 3 yellow through the day. If you are not draining very well it is either constipation which you said you don't have or it could be fibrin that is blocking your tube. Are you drinking a lot of fluid? let me know.
pitagory

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »

I am doing 1 green bag a night on the cycler I do hope it's fibrin and not my lining.

pitagory

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »

OK so I just talk to my nurse and he said to use reds for three days!!! after what I have been reading here wont that hurt the lining? don't know what to do

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 06:41:29 AM »

Did you do what your nurse said and is every thing OK.
pitagory

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:33 AM »

yes I did use reds and I have been pulling 1500 to 1800 and I feel much better. today I go see my  nephrologist so I'l see what he says. I just kinda dread every month this appointment because I'm afraid what my phos # numbers are going to be or my potassium. oh well that what I get for eating that extra cheese.

texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »

I don't know too much about about PD but I do know that when you retain fluids, it can really do a lot to you so just be careful about it like you're doing already. You're asking questions and that is great. Most often, when you retain water from fluid intake it can pressure around the lining of the heart and that's part of the reasonit's hard to breath. Not sure how PD who physically effect you like that but I suppose in a similar fashion. One day at a time. Listen to what your body tells you...

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
pitagory

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »

ok I came back form my doc's appt and se said I should alternate the bags one green them one red each night and see if that helps.   :)

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »

Good you try that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »