I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2024, 09:28:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  PD problems HELP!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PD problems HELP!!!!!!!  (Read 2359 times)
dialysis-is-not-for-me

« on: October 01, 2011, 06:12:05 AM »

Hey fellow PD patients. Well, I need your help again lol :). ok...Yesterday my blood pressure was really high, like 150/135 so I decided to use 2 reds last night (I usually use one red and one green). Anyway...I was suppose to get off the machine at around 7:30 this morning but around 5:30 a.m. I started feeling kind of bad so I sat up on the side of my bed. I started to feel like I was going to pass out so I went down the hallway to get my mom and when I turned around to go back into my room I passed out while standing up...So, when I came to I started throwing up really badly....anyway...when I stopped throwing up, I felt a little better and I ate a few crackers...To make a long story short (too late lol) I got off the machine and called the doctor. He said he thinks that my machine pulled off too much fluid which I would agree but one thing still bothers me, when I got off the machine my blood pressure was still 150/139...I have never heard of anyone passing out on dialysis and their blood pressure being really high.

Here is my question: Has anyone had this happen or heard of this happening? I'm worried that something else might be wrong but the doctor doesn't seem to think so....Just trying to reach out and get some information.

Started hemo in August 2008
Switched to PD in July 2009
Atooraya

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 09:18:38 AM »

I've had similar experiences. And when I checked my hp its around 90/60. So then I usually switch to yellows. BP is very episodic. It can dropand quickly recover if you ingest salty stuff.
dialysis-is-not-for-me

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »

Thanks Atooraya...I've had similar experiences like that on hemo but that was when my bp dropped out...this time my bp was 150/135....just never passed out because of a high blood pressure....

Started hemo in August 2008
Switched to PD in July 2009
brandywine

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:11:26 AM »

Fluid is obviously not the BP culprit, and your doc may just need to increase your BP meds. You were throwing up and passing out because you were dehydrated. I woke up in the middle of the night like that before too, however, my BP was low and my pulse was high. I didn't throw up, but I definitely felt like it. Thought I was going to die.

IgA Nephropathy Diagnosed Feb 2009
Transplant List Nov 2010
Peritoneal Dialysis Dec 2010
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »

I'm tending to agree with the others, you pulled too much off. I had exactly the same thing happen to me when I first started PD. Was in the middle of an exchange when it happened, and it scared my wife to death. Came around, got some fluid back in and was fine.
Hang in there.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »