I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 11:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Less lab work
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Less lab work  (Read 1644 times)
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« on: June 09, 2011, 08:46:34 AM »

My clinic called yesterday to tell me that they will be requiring me to do only monthly labs....  no middle month labs from now on.....  they feel that they are not necessary.....   I was getting Dial Soap with my supplies and now I am not....  Plus I can only choose one type of tape....  I had been using plastic and fabric tape but now I need to choose only one type of tape...   They wanted to make me a monthly clinic appt this month and I was told to be there on time ( I have never been late...) as their appts are now 15 min max.... at the request of the doctor...      My clinic is getting pretty cheap...with this new CMS bundling stuff....

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:19:11 AM »

That's weird. Since they changed the rules I get more blood work. We always had monthly labs with everything, once a month not twice. But now if you're on epo you have to get a hemoglobin level done every week to justify getting a shot. Now the doc appt, we go for clinic (I'm on PD) and see the nurse, doctor, nutritionist, and social worker if we want. The doc appt takes only a few minutes but he/she will talk longer if I have a problem. We do get a little leeway with when to get there and then we're seen in the order we arrive.

I get sent Betasept but not Dial. I buy my own tape but I'm not on hemo. I'd pick paper tape. It's so much less irritating.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »