I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 01:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  insomnia
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: insomnia  (Read 1458 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: May 31, 2011, 06:58:57 PM »

Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing insomnia. It takes me a very long time to fall asleep, in fact I don't even feel tired for a lot of the time, even if I don't nap. The only time I am able to sleep well is either on a dialysis day, or just a small nap after work but that's all I'm able to do. I searched for topics on this and they talked about clearence and pth which mine seem to be ok. My ktv is 1.335 and my URR is at 72 percent which is above the 65 percent goal. My pth is at 135, potassium 4.8 and hg is at 13.2. It seems that I can't even fall asleep in another bed either. My RLS is also under control so that's not causing it either. Any other ideas of what it could possibly could be? Nutrition is also very good.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:06:03 AM »

sullidog, all your bloods seem OK. I just think it is a renal thing. My husband is on APD and some nights he just watches the machine do its stuff and he is wide wake. He can sleep in a day time, weird isn't it.He has just started taking a Tramadol tablet at night for painful legs and that is helping. He also listens to music.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »