I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Texasstyle's husband "almost died" tonight
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Texasstyle's husband "almost died" tonight  (Read 4911 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 09:17:49 AM »

Hello, Alisa,

I do not have any canned food
because it may contain additives
like preservatives, colouring, salt, etc.

I steer clear of all these,
because my kidneys and I are sitting on the fence
(pre-Dialysis, 10-12% kidney function)
and if I load my kidneys up with the wrong additives etc.,
my kidneys may tip-over the wrong side of the fence
and I have decided that Hell can wait
for as long as possible.

Best wishes from Kristina.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:20:53 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 04:57:58 PM »

Oh, T.Style, I didn't mean to take you there.  It just sounded so much by your description of the way he was like what happened to my hubby.  That was back in 2008.  He was in the hospital a total of 77 days.  It was Hell for him.  He has been in a few more times.  His last time was for right leg amputation, but has really been doing as well as expected.

The hardest thing with him, and I don't know if your husband has this or not, is the Depression.  He sometimes gets so Depressed cause he has nothing to do.  He can't drive (due to eyesight) anymore. He just sits in the house all day doing nothing but watch T.V. I feel so bad for him.  He has early signs of Dementia but it could be worse.

He misses work terribly!  He can't work because of the Dementia, but he does not know that.  He was asked by the company to consider stopping work in January of this year, so he did at my insistence!  He worked so hard all his adult life, and it is time for him to rest.

I'm so glad that your hubby is getting better.  Is he wanting to come home now?  The minute my husband  goes in hospital, he just wants to go home!  He is such a "stinker".  What we won't do for our MEN, huh?

We certainly are blessed to have them, even under the circumstances!  Yes, it is hard, but we keep tugging along! How are you holding up?

lmunchkin   :flower;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »

you didn't upset me in anyway if that's what you thought. I'm used to it anymore lol. I think they share the depression ans the watching tv all the time. WE don't really make any plans too far ahead anymore. Your husband has Dementia? You are going to have a lot on your plate my dear and I strongly suggest you at least in your mind, start thinking of how you can get some help if you need it. A couple of my friends are in-home nurses. One of my friend's patient's has dementia. He wants home for sure lol. He might stay withno comlaints if thePhilles baseball would come in... I am tired. Haven't slept yet. Tonight I will. For maybe the first time his K was soo good tonight after a D session.  4 point ??. Your post may verywell help another.

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »

Yes, we have that all planned out.  We have arranged everything and our ducks are in order!  The Dementia has been diagnosed as slight.  He will stop D.  He does not want to live like that.  It's one thing, to him, to D and be aware of your surroundings, but another with out knowing it. You know, he would probably have stopped D by now, but Im just not willing to let him go!

It is so hard, T. Style!  How can we let them go, when they have been our "Everything" for so many years? But I don't want to watch him suffer!  He has suffered enough but Im not willing to let go!  Figure that out! 

I know you know what I'm talking about cause girl, you are going through it too!  We love our "guys" unconditionally, and they know it! I really appreciate your sincere concern, but we are "prepared" for whatever is to come.  Unless some unforeseen event happens, we will be ok!

You get you some sleep tonight, little lady!  You have many prayers coming your way!!!!   :pray; :pray; :pray;

lmunchkin      :flower;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 12:10:08 AM »

Sorry TS.. I was thinking of someone else who was naughty and used to sneak drink bottles of coke and stuff..... my bad!  :rofl;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »