I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 05:24:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Warfarin
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warfarin  (Read 1930 times)
Stoday
Elite Member

« on: June 05, 2011, 06:09:45 PM »

According to research conducted by the UK NHS, Warfarin can double the risk of strokes for ESRD patients who have AF. Click

That's me except I don't take Warfarin. Phew!

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »

Blokey would know if he had AF, wouldn't he?  I only ask because he does have a slightly fast heartbeat (but other than that is heart is healthy and they don't know why he has a slightly fast heartbeat) and he is on warfarin.  It's okay ... his INR is checked regularly.  I was going to say that I really don't need one more thing to worry about, but as I worry about everything anyway I doubt this will fit into my worry schedule.

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
M3Riddler

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:41 AM »

According to research conducted by the UK NHS, Warfarin can double the risk of strokes for ESRD patients who have AF. Click

That's me except I don't take Warfarin. Phew!

All drugs have side effects.....when they test any drugs, any side effect has to be posted/recorded as a potential side effect..... This is why all drugs should be monitored closely.. I have been on warfarin for over 3 years. I have very small veins and I use it to keep the veins from clotting and closing off.....

///M3R

Admin of Dialysis Discussion Uncensored on Facebook  

Life is so short live it to the fullest!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »

:waiting; I am on a crapload of warifin and wondering if it is really bad for me at this point. I went to have the vein mapping done and they found a blood clot in my left upper arm . they then placed me on lovonox in which i was resistint ! so they then placed a pic line in my right upper arm and i am on 85 mg a week of warifin !! this is my primary care Dr that put me on the warifin he stated that i need to keep my blood thinned in order for this clot to go away however the cumaden clinic is who i see and they check my INR once a week . it has gone all the way to an 11 before now its at a 4 and i guess it should be in between a 2 and a 3 so i guess when i go to Denver to get the p.d. cathider in i will ask my neurologist but should i be worried taken it? thanks so much Vanessa

vanessa!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »