I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 11:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  PD Cylcer Drain Pain ~ Any help would be great!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PD Cylcer Drain Pain ~ Any help would be great!!  (Read 11922 times)
jbrock

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 03:17:46 PM »

Update:....I started using the New Baxter Home Choice Pro cycler last night and it went wonderful.  :2thumbsup;

I will not try the Fresenuis cycler again after my first experience but the Baxter was a piece of cake. I actually slept through the night as well...not sound (nerves) but well. I am so excited!!!
It feels wonderful to not have the fluid on me from manuals all day and I don't have to stop whatever I'm doing to do 4 exchanges a day.  :yahoo;

I'm only on the cycler for 8 hours as well. I have not adjusted to climbing into bed at 9pm on the week nights yet (so I can be done by 5am) I work full time. I am sure I can adjust with so many other positives in return.

Thank you to ALL that responded, I am so grateful for this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy ~ JBrock  :grouphug;

Save A Life....Be A Donor!
Liver Transplant Recipient ~ 5 Years Ago ~ Blessed :)
Diagnosed in Kidney Failure ~ March 2009
Fistula Placement ~ Upper left Arm ~ Aug. 17th 2010
PD Cath placement - 5 months ago
D started 3 months ago - Manual's 3x a day. Going to try the cycler in a couple of weeks :)
Atooraya

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 11:44:36 PM »

Glad to hear it's working out for u. Baxter machine is a piece of cake.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »

you will be fine on the Baxter's. Have you had any alarms yet? They make you jump, keep the manual close by.
jbrock

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »

Billybags - No alarms yet.  :yahoo; I am sure when it happens it will skeeeer me to death  :rofl;

Last night was my 2nd night and it went so good! My total UF was great...at least I think. My D nurse said that it was great. My Total UF - 811ml

I have had a lot of problems with fluid in my legs with manuals and 4 hour dwell times. I absorb so now (at least so far) the thinking is the cycler might work better for me.
I LOVE the Baxter HomeChoice Pro for several reasons.

Atooraya - you're right....It is a piece of cake  :2thumbsup;

So excited!!
Joy ~ JBrock

D started 3 months ago - Manual's 3x a day. Going to try the cycler in a couple of weeks :)
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »

I;m really happy with the performance of my Baxter machine. I do have alarms occasionally, But have all been self responding alarms. All I have had to do is get up and move around. They are typically because I have rolled over on my line and kinked it. Getting up and straightening it out gets things moving again.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
jbrock

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 05:43:55 PM »

Joe - I sure hope if I get an alarm that it wont be anything more than a kink or rollover on my line. Likely will jump my heart into over drive  :rofl;
How long have you been on the cycler?

Thanks for the response.
Joy

Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 09:28:37 AM »

Joy, I've been on the cycler just over a month now. 9 hours at night with an additional 2L in 4 hours before bedtime. I'm fervently hoping I can do away with the 2L afternoon fill when I do my testing this coming week. While it's not too tedious, it does put a bit of a crimp in my afternoon to have to get where I can fill by around 4PM.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
jbrock

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »

Joe - So your a newbie like me...lol to the cycler anyways  :bump;
I sure hope when I do my adequacy test next month it comes out good so I don't have to add a manual during the day or go on for longer than my 8 hours that I do currently. I begged for 8 hours...they initially had me set for 9 hours.

I sure hope your test goes in a positive direction and you can drop the extra 2L. Let me know once you find out. Good Luck  :2thumbsup;
Joy 

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »