I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Does your family ....
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does your family ....  (Read 9676 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 06:04:20 AM »

I use myspace for blogs and such, I don't see the need to make a website personally... although my mom always tells me that all that I have been through and at such a young age I could write  abook about it.  :lol;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 07:29:58 AM »

I use myspace for blogs and such, I don't see the need to make a website personally... although my mom always tells me that all that I have been through and at such a young age I could write  abook about it.  :lol;
My friend Brian who I grew up with and had kidney transplants around the same time in the same children's hospital has a blog as well and feels the same way as you do. I thought him and I could work together to make something better but he sees no need. I felt that he didn't care about spreading awareness but you can't push a person to have the same views.

A blog is an easy way to tell your story. It is more of a personal site that is much like a diary that you put on display for the public. A website is different because you can do so much more with it! Look at what Epoman has done: Forums, information, Q&A, games, clothing and bags and badges, and so much more! You can't do that with a blog!

But if you just want to make your own little personal home on the world wide web, a blog is an easy way to do it and keeps your family and friends easily updated on your health ;)

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 07:47:38 AM »

IHD also has lots of advertisement so it gets lots of hits, I made a personal website on geocities a long time ago... nobody ever viewed it unless I gave the the direct link.... so what awareness was I bringing to the table? LOL... None.

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 08:15:37 AM »

IHD also has lots of advertisement so it gets lots of hits, I made a personal website on geocities a long time ago... nobody ever viewed it unless I gave the the direct link.... so what awareness was I bringing to the table? LOL... None.
That's why it is good that sites like Epoman's IHD exsist! He knows the tricks ;)  :thumbup;

I only know a little bit but he knows a lot about this (obviously lol). You can't just make a site and expect it to rate on the first page of all search engines. There is a lot of work involved and Epoman does that all so we can just come and enjoy the site!  :clap;

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 08:20:22 AM »

Yah I know... I know all about making webpages and what it takes... or used to anyways... I kinda moved to the medical field instead of computers...  :lol;

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 08:24:34 AM »

I guess I made my site as a way to get the support I was always looking for,  but then I found sites better than mine and found the support from people who are interested (because they are going through the same thing) all in the same site!  :grouphug;

And now I am kinda glad my family doesn't go to any of the sites or forums I do because I can talk freely without being judged ;)

Plus with someone else doing all the work on their site it is nice just to spend all my time just reading posts ;) lol
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:26:36 AM by angieskidney » Logged

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Nan

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »

My story is pretty interesting too.....my dear mother passed away 10 years ago, she was not only my best friend but my "cheerleader" in life, it would simply destroy her to see me going thru all of this kidney failure stuff, she would not be able to handle it.  So four yrs after my mother passed, my father remarried, a wicked woman, I might add! Anyway, I got sick this past April 06, my father lives 12 miles away from me.....he has not come to the hospital to see me, he has not called, he has not sent me a card....EVEN a Christmas card this year...and I was stunned to find out he sent one to each of my daughters!  Apparently, he "asks" about me, says my sibling. but how very strange....is it guilt....not being able to "talk" about my situation, very interesting. I also have an older brother, here in the same city as I ....who also has never made contact with me since I became sick, it's like I have leprosy!!!! and HE being the only full blooded relative of mine who "might" be a transplant consideration.  I also have a younger brother , who was diagnosed with PKD a year ago....and I scare the HELL out of him....I am a look into his future and he does NOT want to see it!....but we talk on the phone every now and then.  They say, when life goes bad.....you find who your REAL friends are....that would be true of family too!

No matter how your heart is grieving....as long as you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true!
Diagnosed with PKD in 1994
Started HEMO dialysis June 2006
Started Home Dialysis on cycler February 2007
Had Live donor transplant February 2008
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »

My story is pretty interesting too.....my dear mother passed away 10 years ago, she was not only my best friend but my "cheerleader" in life, it would simply destroy her to see me going thru all of this kidney failure stuff, she would not be able to handle it.  So four yrs after my mother passed, my father remarried, a wicked woman, I might add! Anyway, I got sick this past April 06, my father lives 12 miles away from me.....he has not come to the hospital to see me, he has not called, he has not sent me a card....EVEN a Christmas card this year...and I was stunned to find out he sent one to each of my daughters!  Apparently, he "asks" about me, says my sibling. but how very strange....is it guilt....not being able to "talk" about my situation, very interesting. I also have an older brother, here in the same city as I ....who also has never made contact with me since I became sick, it's like I have leprosy!!!! and HE being the only full blooded relative of mine who "might" be a transplant consideration.  I also have a younger brother , who was diagnosed with PKD a year ago....and I scare the HELL out of him....I am a look into his future and he does NOT want to see it!....but we talk on the phone every now and then.  They say, when life goes bad.....you find who your REAL friends are....that would be true of family too!
Wow I feel for you! Seems like they are all afraid but should be supportive! Well at least you now have IHD!  :cuddle;

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »