I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 09:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  trying to be up but SOOOO down today!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: trying to be up but SOOOO down today!  (Read 3950 times)
WishIKnew

Alports, dialysis '07-'12,cancer'11,transplant '12

« on: April 22, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »

I'm trying so hard, really I am.  But today I'm so down - I feel like all of this effort is just postponing the inevitable.....

I'm in the middle of trying to get listed at a different transplant center which has a MUCH shorter wait time.  I was there all day last Tuesday and have several tests I need to get to update my file.  I also must loose 20 pounds to get listed at this center.  I had my yearly check up at my first center last Friday and all is well there, just an exhausting day.  I will remain listed there, but transfer my wait time to the new center (if approved).  It's all a lot of hoops and effort and I just get so tired.  I think I need to do this because dialysis life HAS to end for me and for my family!

I've been sick - two bouts of peritonitis in the last month.  One hospital stay, which I HATE!!!!   It's so hard on my family!

I HATE the new cycler machine (Fresenius).  It's loud and alarms all night long....  My husband has quit sleeping in out bed because of the new machine...  but, after much discussion including a home visit from the sales rep, I have no choice but to deal with it.  Which I'm doing, but not very gracefully, obviously. LOL!  I miss my steady Eddy Baxter pal which has kept me "healthy" and infection free for 3 and a half years!!!!!

And the financial chaos is overwhelming.  We are in the paperwork stages of the bankruptcy.  I handle it ALL!    It's daunting but necessary and with me being sick I'm way behind on what needs to be done to move things forward.  My not getting to things early enough cost us over $1,000 this month.   Financial limbo is a hard place to be.  No peace.  (I toss and turn at night and, it seems, when I finally drift off the DAM machine alarms!)  A thousand questions and very few answers.  I know, in time, this will all be settled, but today.....

The forclosure is an issue I have not even visited.  We are not paying the  house payment and I KNOW I must contact to mortgage company, but it's so far down on my list of things to do.....   And I don't have the mental energy to put the pieces all together.

We have called about and visited a few rental homes....again, emotionally exhausting....

I try to pack 5 boxes a day because I know that's the only way I can help with the impending move, a little at a time....

Overwhelmed!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:48:14 AM by WishIKnew » Logged
Tracy

Loved the Movie!

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »

OHMYGOSH!  You are under so much stress.  I don't know how you do it and I am not sure I have any help to give you, but to let you know that God is with you and to try and give your problems to Him.  Oh my.  By yourself you cannot handle all of this.

God be with you and your family!

Tracy  :cuddle;

9/1990 Found out I have Type 1 Diabetes
7/2008 Told I have GFR 30
2/2009 Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
5 days later, both removed due to massive rejection
Back on List
2/26/10 Fistula placed
3/11/10 Told GFR 9
5/14/10 Started in center Hemo
Waiting on another Transplant
WishIKnew

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »

Thanks Tracy for your support.  I'm so desperate for words of encouragement right now.  I REALLY appreciate your thoughts and prayers!!!!!  I saw Soul Surfer last weekend and it remended me that "with God all things are possible."  Well all things seem to be happening right now so God is the only one who can get us through all of these things!  Right?
woodsman

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:03 PM »

I don't know about god but keep pushing forward and make it your goal to get things done that may spare you the house. Try a attorney and ask about bankruptcy and see if there is a way to keep your home. having a place to live is your main goal. Ask the bank also for some time or may be a refinance, an extension don't give up trying to save what you have.
You need to fight your butt off and don't be afraid to ask a local church, charity whatever to help out. I can only imagine what you are going through and i can see myself there one day soon if all does not go well but i do wish you the best and we are here for you.
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »

Diane, I am so sad that you have to go through all of this financial stress, as if dialysis were not stressful enough for most people!

I do not know much about bankruptcy, but I do know that many bankruptcies are declared in an effort to keep the home, not go through the double trauma of a bankruptcy and foreclosure.

My husband and I do not have great luck with finances it seems, but we have paid down a significant portion of debt in our lives (we were totally debt free at one point, but that did not last thanks to the financial meltdown) and so have some experience with tackling these problems. Firstly, while we are fortunate to never have missed a mortgage payment, I have heard repeatedly that banks will not even talk to you until you are 3-6 months behind. There is a very narrow window to negotiate, please make this a priority and see if there is any hope of keeping the home, unless you feel that you would be better off just having done with it and moving on. Regardless, even if you want foreclosure, call them because you can negotiate for moving expenses - you could get a few thousand paid to you to move out voluntarily since it can cost them a small fortune should you make them come after you and throw all of your belongings on the street.

Gathering the mental energy is a huge obstacle, but once you begin, you will not only feel a weight lifting from you, but you may find you get a rush of productivity and are able to face other issues in your life more easily. At least that's what happens with me. Please set a time for yourself to start this process, and stick to it. It will help you make the best out of a sad situation. You will be amazed at your own strength if you just can take that first step!

Good luck and hugs.  :grouphug;

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
woodsman

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »

Diane, I am so sad that you have to go through all of this financial stress, as if dialysis were not stressful enough for most people!

I do not know much about bankruptcy, but I do know that many bankruptcies are declared in an effort to keep the home, not go through the double trauma of a bankruptcy and foreclosure.

My husband and I do not have great luck with finances it seems, but we have paid down a significant portion of debt in our lives (we were totally debt free at one point, but that did not last thanks to the financial meltdown) and so have some experience with tackling these problems. Firstly, while we are fortunate to never have missed a mortgage payment, I have heard repeatedly that banks will not even talk to you until you are 3-6 months behind. There is a very narrow window to negotiate, please make this a priority and see if there is any hope of keeping the home, unless you feel that you would be better off just having done with it and moving on. Regardless, even if you want foreclosure, call them because you can negotiate for moving expenses - you could get a few thousand paid to you to move out voluntarily since it can cost them a small fortune should you make them come after you and throw all of your belongings on the street.

Gathering the mental energy is a huge obstacle, but once you begin, you will not only feel a weight lifting from you, but you may find you get a rush of productivity and are able to face other issues in your life more easily. At least that's what happens with me. Please set a time for yourself to start this process, and stick to it. It will help you make the best out of a sad situation. You will be amazed at your own strength if you just can take that first step!Good luck and hugs.  :grouphug;

so very well said...
carol1987

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;
Hang in there!!!

Diagnosed with  PKD July 2002 (no family history)
Fistula placed April 2009
Placed on Transplant list April 2009
Started HD 10/6/10
Transplanted 1/6/11 (Chain Transplant My altruistic donor was  "Becky from Chicago" , and DH Mike donated on my behalf and the chain continued...)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »

Wish i had words to help you out, but i do send blessings for strength and encouragement and confidence that all will be well again.   :grouphug;   My prayers are with you for comfort..   :pray;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »

If you live in the US, I would not worry too much about packing. There are so many homes being foreclosed on, it would take nearly a year for them to get around to you. Cariad has the best advice.But, I would contact the mortgage people right away and see if you can get a refinance. My daughter got one, and her house payments were cut in half, and her mortgage insurance and taxes are also included in the payment and they weren't before. You just have to nag, yell and scream at the bankers.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
phyl1215

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 07:33:09 AM »

I really have no other advise than you have already been given.  Here's a big  :grouphug; and wishing you well.  Your a strong woman and you will make it through this, keep the faith.

PD 3 yrs.
TX list 4 yrs.
Deceased donor PERFECT MATCH Kidney transplant July 8, 2012

Learning To Dance In The Rain
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 08:12:21 AM »

I haven't said anything yet, because I don't really know WHAT to say that can be of help besides the wonderful advice you have gotten from others.

So I just want you to know that I am thinking about you.
 :flower; :flower; :flower;
 :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 01:57:09 PM »

:grouphug;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Sax-O-Trix

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »

I hope you are able to get this all straightened out soon.  Hang in there :grouphug;

Preemptive transplant recipient, living donor (brother)- March 2011
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 06:55:16 PM »

Hang in there. Things will work out eventually.  I hope the transplant center will work things out quickly.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »

Oh, this all sounds terribly frustrating, exhausting and horrendous.  You poor thing.  I can't offer any advice, but think there's some good stuff up there (*points upwards at clever people who know what they're talking about*) that perhaps might help you. 

*huggles*

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
WishIKnew

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 11:49:40 AM »

Having a good day today.  We are having a huge yard sale in in two weeks and my son and I are working in his bedroom.  He's 13 and ready to part with many of his kid toys and books so we are getting a lot done!  It feels productive and I need that!  Plus, I love my kid's company!

Your support means SO much to me!!!!!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »

I do hope that everything can be sorted out

and I wish you all the best, Kristina.  :grouphug;
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:52:05 PM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 05:40:21 PM »

One day at a time.  :cuddle;

Just make it though one day at a time.

:grouphug;

{{{{hugs}}}}

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »