I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 07:21:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello from Rhode Island
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from Rhode Island  (Read 1938 times)
Dotti55

« on: April 06, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »

Hello!

My name's Dotti and I'm from Providence, Rhode Island.  Although dialysis is definitely not my favorite thing to do, I have to say that am not having the horrible time that so many people seem to be here.

The center I go to is incredibly friendly and the workers are on the ball and awesome almost to a fault.  Not only are they fun to be with, if I even breathe the wrong way their on me, nothing gets by them and they are constantly monitoring you.  I started there almost three years ago now, and at first I used the ?lidocaine? before they would put then needles in, but one of them suggested I try it without it and not have to be stuck so many times and I did and found that these people are really good at it, I barely feel it.

I don't look forward to going to dialysis and can't wait for it to be over, but at least the time I have to spend there is enjoyable at any rate.  Anyone else having trouble keeping your weight down?

Hugs to everyone,

Dotti
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »

:waving; Dotti!

And Welcome to IHD.

I'm a care partner to my husband who recently got a transplant!

:welcomesign;

You'll find lots of information and support here!  :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Brightsky69

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:25:29 AM »

:welcomesign; Dotti

Providence....nice. I use to live in North Kingstown RI.     :welcomesign;

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
Heymike

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:37:24 AM »

Hi Dotti my name is Mike I'm a newbie too. I joined last week and I really like this site.  So much info from many perspectives.  I too go to a clnic that is top notch and I love.  I am somewhat suprised at that varying degrees of care that exist.  I really "get it" that we are very fortunate to be in treatment centers that take such good care of us. Glad to meet you, hope this site is a great new source support for you too.

The most fundamental thing about understanding is...Understanding that you don't understand.
AguynamedKim

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 06:14:55 AM »

:welcomesign; Dotti55!  I'm happy to hear you have a good center for dialysis.  I'm pre-dialysis myself and I'm always encouraged by the stories of people doing relatively well on it.

peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:40:46 AM »

Welcome to the group, Dotti.  Your clinic sounds heavenly.  Wish they were all like that.  Glad you found us!
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »

G'day, Dotti, and  :welcomesign;:ausflag;

Galvo
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 06:03:25 PM »

Hi Dotti... glad you found your way here and glad you are having good dialysis and a 'hum' good time of it.. We (well hubby) is on home d now but i tell ya, it wasnt because we disliked his center.  We actually miss some of it as far as the techs and friends he made there, so i know it can be a good place to go.  Glad you have that!!!  hope you like it here and share some stories....

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »

Hi Dotti and welcome to IHD.  I'm so glad you found us.  I'm glad you have a good center.  They should get an award.  Mine is okay for now but I've had worse and better. 

I hope you find interesting things on here that stretch your education on dialysis.

Rerun, Moderator     :welcomesign;

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »

:welcomesign; Welcome Dotti55! I live in California but grew up next door in Connecticut.  Are you asking about your dry weight or how much you gain in between dialysis sessions?
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 07:34:17 PM »

I'm always so grateful to hear that good clinics exist.  Is yours affiliated with one of the big providers (DaVita or Fresenius), or is it a smaller, independently owned clinic?  My mother's clinic was awful.  Her neph was a buffoon.  I am pre-dialysis, and I am hoping mine will be as good as yours.

So glad you joined.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »