I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2024, 08:21:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  to let myself die?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: to let myself die?  (Read 7709 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 12:04:25 AM »

my son gives me the strength to survive,
i have stopped throwing up, thank God! I still have the rest of the symptoms, and all the dr has said is my thyroid levels are high...
And to add, a new symptom, very itchy moles... its a pain because u cant scratch lifted moles without causing them to bleed, of course, not that my skin doesnt bleed when scratching on it anyway.
My little boy, the poor thing, he just doesnt understand yet, it makes me feel terrible... but he does try, and so do i, and i think thats what counts?
i find out this wednesday whats wrong with him, im so nervous. i hope whatever it is, isnt too bad, hes a good kid, no kid deserves an illness...
also, he has to have surgery on his eyes, to correct the muscles, hes not excited about that (to say the least) THe dr asked him if he knew what surgery is, he looked at me, pointed at my arm, fistula, and said i dont want surgery, mommy gets sick when she has surgery. :(

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 12:05:59 AM »

I'm sorry, glm...I missed this part of the story.  What's going on with your son?  What's wrong?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 12:22:32 AM »

I dont really know much, He had some genetic testing? and they called me last sat (2 weeks ago!) and said that it came back Abnormal. They said they didnt have the info right in front of them, but scheduled me to be there wed morning, without Jareth(my son) to discuss it. Why they had to call me and leave me hanging like this, i do not know, she could tell i was upset, and said Try not to worry too much, it could be something rare... I am thinking now HOW is THAT supposed to make me feel better????
As for the eyes, we have been putting it off for a while, the dr said he doesnt "need" it but recommends it, as of right now my son would not be able to drive when hes older, because he has no depth perception, no pariphreal vision, his little right eye doesnt seem to want to work...
most beautiful blue eyes ever though! and his eyelashes... wow.

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 12:27:47 AM »

There are few things more painful than being told that your child is not perfect.  To keep you hanging like that seems so very cruel.  I really hope everything will be OK.

You don't have to be a perfect mommy.  He will love you whether or not you are on dialysis.  He will somehow understand all that you are doing to stay with him.  There is no greater love than choosing to endure dialysis just so that you can be there for your baby. :cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 12:44:47 AM »

id do anything for him :) hes an amazing, strong, wonderful little boy. Even when he is being a turkey, sometimes hehe
hes been through so much already, i just hope whatever it is, isnt too scary.

HemoDialysis since 2007
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 03:35:54 AM »

Dear GLM I'm coming to this one a bit late it seems. It breaks my heart to read your struggles - on top of all the usual stuff with D and kidney failure - and how difficult it is. One thing I want to say in regards to you wanting to give up (your first post) is think about how you felt growing up with a sick parent and then consider that your son, even though he may still not be old enough to fully understand, might also feel given your own experiences. It seems he understands enough to know you are not able to do everything you both want together and he accomidates you as best he can - which is so sweet and wonderful. Cherish those times together. Fight for them....

... and like RightSide said - GET MORE OPINIONS! You say your doc doesn't listen to you well find someone that will. It seems these latest problems are linked to the parathyroidectomy - how can thye not listen to you and test you or investigate more while you have these horrid symptoms???? I would ask the neph if they have no idea what is causing this can they refer you to someone who might??

You have to fight for this it seems - as with everything else - but you CAN get through this with the right sort of help - I am convinced!!!!

We all want you to be there for and with your son for years to come, okay?

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 06:20:23 AM »

Jareth ..what an unusual name.  :cuddle; to you both.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »

I am fighting hard for my little man, i just had a moment of feeling so lost, I am giving the dr until tues to contact me about the thyroid issue, if he doesnt, i am going to seek out more options, altho last time that did not seem to go as planned...

Jareth, yes a very odd name, and people get it wrong alot lol its crazy. Its kind of interesting how I came about it... I had him super early, he didnt have a name yet! So i kept opening the baby book and pointing, after a week of debating names i liked. I came across Gerath, I thought, thats kind of cute, but I would have to go with J... then I said Oh no I dont want Jerry as a nick name, so I switch the e and a, Jareth.... hmm.. sounds familiar? i like it. I go home and watch one of my fav movies, the Labrynth, with the sexy David Bowie... OH duh! Thats HIS name....
I suppose he should be thankful i didnt go with Angel Raynebo which was a thought, ha!
I love my little man, hes so special. I just want more for him... thats what makes this so hard.

HemoDialysis since 2007
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 03:12:21 PM »

Hey you could have called him ZIGGY "!!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »

hehe i totally should!

HemoDialysis since 2007
*kana*

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »

No, you should NOT allow yourself to die!!!!  The other thing you need to do is change your total mind set on the entire dialysis thing.  Stop looking at life through your disease and start living it for your son's sake!  Having renal failure isn't the end, it is a life change, but you can live a long time on it!   
If you keep telling yourself that you are ill then you will be.  If you get a more positive attitude about the entire thing then it plays a huge part in how you feel.  I have only been on D for 2.5 years but my Nephrologist tells me that I am doing remarkably well.  Why?  Because there is nothing wrong with me!    lol
Dialysis is a "small" part of my life because I refuse to allow it to define who I am or change how I live my life.  Sure, I can't do things I used to but I find other things that I love to do. 

id do anything for him :) hes an amazing, strong, wonderful little boy. Even when he is being a turkey, sometimes hehe
hes been through so much already, i just hope whatever it is, isnt too scary.

If you'd do anything for him then the one thing he wants most is his MOM!  Don't even think or talk about dieing anymore.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:13:01 PM by *kana* » Logged

PD started 09/08
PKD kidneys removed 06/17/09

Failed donor transplant-donor kidney removed,
suspected cancer so not used 06/17/09

Hemo 06/2009-08/2009

Liberty Cycler-11/09-5/13
Nx Stage-current tx
Diagnosed with SEP 2014
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

Dialysis is a "small" part of my life because I refuse to allow it to define who I am or change how I live my life.  Sure, I can't do things I used to but I find other things that I love to do.

I agree completely.....  learn to live in the positive, hang out with positive people and activities....   Don't let dialysis bring you down....be strong.....  set a good example to your family on how to be strong.... and come here to vent..... we all understand...

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 06:40:54 PM »

I think some people are misunderstanding me eheh i think i need a better way to word stuff but anyway
I am very positive person, i dont let this get me down, USUALLY, but here recently it just seems i keep getting sicker, and i dont think it has anything to do with kidney failure, and my doctor hasnt helped at all. I dont want to die, and i dont want to give up either, but when u continually tell ur dr something isnt right and he just shrugs it off and offers u pain pills, its a bit frustrating.

when I wrote this I felt like i could die, i still feel like crap, but "functioning crap?" lol Im scared that if my doctor doesnt pull his head out of his ass, i could die, but i have officially given up on that idiot, and im takin yalls advice and seeking someone else. I gave him until today to do something, after consistantly asking for his help, and he has done nothing.

Oh how i wish my original doc hadnt retired, he literally was the best! Old school, and completely honest, straight forward, and actually cared... i miss him!

Thank u all, I AM living for my son, I do everything for him, infact im even makng plans to take him tons of places this summer, hoping by then to have answers/cures/ at least feel well enough to be ok....

I really dont think its got a thing to do with my kidney failure, i think it is something entirely different, but what i do not know... they now say my thyroid is funky, but have not done anything about it, which i found odd, and mentioned it 3 times now to my doc, and still nothing...

HemoDialysis since 2007
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »

If your gut feeling is that this has nothing to do with your kidney failure, you just may well be right.  It is very tempting to blame every little thing on kidney failure, and that's not really smart.  Seeing another doctor at least for a second opinion is within your rights, so good for you!!!

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 01:28:02 AM »

... they now say my thyroid is funky, but have not done anything about it, which i found odd, and mentioned it 3 times now to my doc, and still nothing...
Blokey has a funky thyroid (I love that expression and will now use it to death, thank you!); when he originally began getting ill they decided that was what was wrong with him.  If they really think there's a problem with your thyroid (underactive?) then they need to get their fingers out of their butts and do something about it.  I'm not an expert (obviously!) but some of your symptoms could be consistent with a funky thyroid.  Mention it again.

How is Jareth? 

*huggles* for both of you.

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »

hehe i have a few funky parts ha

Jareth is good, spoiled rotten of course. We had the drs appt, saying his test results are abnormal, but they dont think whatever it is, is causing the problem, so thats good? i think? they said usually the part thats abnormal makes the body have the heart on the opposite side, so we are checking to be sure, but im pretty sure they would have caught that when he was born....
We had a great day monday, i took him to a costume/magic/stuff lol store and we had a blast looking around, and i got him a cowboy hat and gun with holster :) my lil cowbaby
Theyre pretty sure he has ADHD
Hes scheduled for his eye surgery on april 21.

HemoDialysis since 2007
chook

Born to be a Granma!

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »

I also love Labyrinth and am a Bowie fan. That movie is wonderful.
Great to hear good news (I think it was better than expected) about Jareth. Every little boy needs a cowboy hat!!!

Diagnosed PKD 1967, age 8
Commenced PD June 2010
Commenced APD July 2010
Transplant March 2011 - so lucky!
"To strive, to seek, to find...and not to yield!"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »