I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 02:21:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Just feeling numb
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just feeling numb  (Read 5071 times)
casper2636

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 01:09:59 AM »

My life before D. was great...I was a Life Flight Trauma Nurse. I gave back to the people that needed help all of a sudden. With this, I was given a years notice; Little time to prepare;Not enough to set my mind straight. Now, I'm in the pepole I've treated positions....life or death. I've got to choose life because it has so much to offer...at what tax do I pay?
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 01:16:52 AM »

My life before D. was great...I was a Life Flight Trauma Nurse. I gave back to the people that needed help all of a sudden. With this, I was given a years notice; Little time to prepare;Not enough to set my mind straight. Now, I'm in the pepole I've treated positions....life or death. I've got to choose life because it has so much to offer...at what tax do I pay?

Life Flight Trauma Nurse...that's a dream job!!!  So, you like helping people.

Something just occurred to me.  I read an article from Iowa, I think...Des Moines...about a patient in a DaVita clinic who was asked to become a patient advocate within the clinic.  I thought that was a cool thing to do, and it made me wonder if perhaps the next time I saw my neph, I could offer to be a "bitch buddy" for a patient/patients who he thought might benefit from talking to someone who was going through the same sort of thing.  I have no idea what he will say, but at least I could offer.  There are support groups around here for just about every malady but NOTHING for kidney patients.   Not everyone with CKD has access to the internet.  Anyway, do you think you might could do some local advocacy/support work of this nature in your area?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
gaelicdevil

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 01:23:06 AM »

I see your position better now. You where already in the trenches but on the other side. Now you are on the sucky side. I looked for that for years and never found one. A diabetic endocrinologist. Somebody that would understand, know that you can't always follow the rules. Hard.

Type 1 diabetic, fistula October 2010, Hemodialysis January 2011, triple by-pass heart surgery November 2011, hoping for transplant, O negative, universal donor, still breathing.
casper2636

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 01:45:11 AM »

Yes, I looked into the other side...of giving back. I'm just not physically stable to reciprocate. My blood pressure is so low that if you stand me up, I'm like a weeble ....I'll roll over  and I might fall down!Never know!My mouth works just fine, and my brain is just as skilled...But they can find a body that works as well.It's hard to get old and get sick at such a young age, with a mind that just wants to run!!
gaelicdevil

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 01:52:58 AM »

The problem with weebles is they don't fall down. And we as humans do. Even if just for a moment, until we regain our footing.

Type 1 diabetic, fistula October 2010, Hemodialysis January 2011, triple by-pass heart surgery November 2011, hoping for transplant, O negative, universal donor, still breathing.
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 04:40:03 AM »

And some of us just stay laying down and look at the stars  :o

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »