I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 02:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Smoking and dialysis.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smoking and dialysis.  (Read 7386 times)
Jamie

What's life with out alittle magic?

« on: December 18, 2005, 12:51:33 PM »

Dear fellow renal readers,

It has been 11 days with out a cigerette. I have been using the patch and the inhailer. Here in Canada you have to be smoke free to get on the listn and it has been a battle but I have not give in yet........Jamie-G

What's life with out a little magic?
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 02:05:40 PM »

;)  11 days is a long time--good for you! 

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 10:56:43 PM »

Yeah for you!!   ;)

Each time you reach for one, remember how good it felt with the transplant.  It is hard!  I smoked for a while because I liked the buzz.  If you cant drink, it is a nice fix.  But, it is BAD, BAD, BAD!  And you want back on the list!!

Jamie

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 04:36:43 PM »

As for right now I'm still smoke free. But I'm going threw some major DT'S :o

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 11:55:13 PM »

Be strong, for a little while I was smoking Camels NON-filtered. They are good but I knew how bad they are for me with all my other problems I didn't need lung cancer too.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Jamie

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 08:06:10 PM »

Going on day 13 still no smoke. Still using the patch and inhailer feeling kind of ruff.......Jamie-G

Jamie

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 06:11:02 PM »

It is not really getting that much easyer quiting this smoking program I just started. I'm still smoke free but as taste is getting better as well as my blood pressure is getting better as well.....Jamie-G

Jamie

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 06:29:35 PM »

Things are going really well with the no smoking. I have not killed anyone yet. I have also noticed that alot of yelling at people I don't know helps alot. Also I find it much easer to spit on people that piss me right off to also help quite a bit.......Jamie-G

Jamie

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 04:18:28 PM »

Today day I gave into the demon and I had a cigerette. "YA RIGHT" I don't think so I'm still smoke free now only if I could get back on that transplant list I could maybe live a normal life again.......Jamie-G

LifeOnHold

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 05:06:03 PM »

Jamie,

Congrats, and continued success!

And I hope you get a kidney-- you'll have a more normal life.

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Jamie

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 09:26:13 PM »

Its funny you have had said that,

As I just woke up from a very sound sleep like out of a movie I had a weird dream. In this dream I could fly in a weird way. All I had to do is pick up these two plastic pipes (nothing special about them just plastic) they were about 3 feet long.
  Now in this dream I would have a plastic pipe in each hand. Now if I were to hold my arms out and run as fast as I could the air from me runnning would lift me into the air were in this case I could take flight. (in this dream of corse)
  In the dream I could also go back in time (time travel) to any date I wanted to the only draw back was when I do go back in time I only have 3 or 4 minutes to look around or do what I have to do before I get shipped to the hear and present.
(NOW THAT BEING SAID)
 Like most of my dreams it felt real like every thing was eally happening and I swear I can also smell and tast in these dreams like they were real as well. Also I can only remember only bit's and piece's of the dreamas well and I'm trying to place every thing and explane every thing the best I can as to how I remember them happening.
(So I meet up with a old childhood friend I have known for years) I'm talking to her telling her I'm on dialysis and while I was talking to her I had figured out (while I was still in this dream state) that since I was very young I have been on dialysis (age 5) and if I never had been on dialysis or did get a transplant I would not be the person I am today.(think about this for a moment)
(now it gets really weird)
 In my dream I had thought if I had never become ill I probably of never got into magic (see web site www.jamiegmagic.com and read BIO if you really want to know and understand alittle better) I would of never of help and met all those people I have in the past.
  I probably would not have the friends I do have today (some that wouldn't be a bad thing) I would have not done and learned the same things I have done and learned today. In this dream I can remember thinking to myself I would not be the person who I am today. And I can remember not being happy with that because I like who I have become and who I am. So in this dream as I thought to myself I'm luckly I had become ill because if I didn't I would of became some one else and who ever that would be "Who know's" all I knew is it was not me so maybe in some weird way becides dialysis keeping us alive in stead maybe there are more reason's I'm luckly I had became ill.
 (O.K. back in the real world or normal world)
I'm not really sure why I just shared this and I'm not sure if maybe my Gardiain Angel had put these thought's into my head and becides the flying and time traveling part the real weird part is some of this makes some sence to me. Any ways Merry Christmas...........Jamie-G  ;D

LifeOnHold

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 11:12:06 PM »

I know for a fact that I probably would have ended up a really nasty person if it hadn't been for dialysis-- once I became disabled, I was able to quit the back-breaking factory job I had that was turning me into a vicious, uncaring person.  I had no sympathy for anyone else's misfortune because I was so stressed out working at a low-paying, mind-numbing job and still barely having enough money to pay the rent.

With the mindset I had then, I can't imagine even batting an eyelash at all of the deaths of fellow patients, never mind getting upset over them.  Anyone who says slaving away in a factory is 'ennobling' is full of shit-- it beat all the human emotion out of me.  How odd that it took a terminal illness to correct that.

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Jamie

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 07:43:52 PM »

It sure is a funny road we people on dialysis have to go down. I guess we should be lucky that at least its a road.
   In the new year I will be doing a magic show for these special children that are dieing of Aids (H.I.V.) I have done many shows like this before in the past and I must say they are very uplifting for me. The children are very joyfull and full of life and in the end I'm happy just to bring a smile........Jamie-G

www.jamiegmagic.com

Jamie

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 01:30:05 PM »

I'm still smoke free but I'm having a very hard time with it. I'm thinking I need that smelly stinky dirty cigerette. I'm hoping it will get easyer in the next few weeks.

Since I quite my fluid gains have been threw the ruff and I'm starting to gain weight God help me............Jamie-G

www.jamiegmagic.com

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »