I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 12:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello all
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 2086 times)
gaelicdevil

« on: March 11, 2011, 12:45:04 AM »

I have been diabetic for 28 years and my kidneys are finally done. Started dialysis in January- 3 times a week 4 hours a day. It truly does suck. Can't say I am looking forward to it. I am pretty negative right now. I was taught that if you don't have anything good to say keep it to yourself. Pretty lonely...

Type 1 diabetic, fistula October 2010, Hemodialysis January 2011, triple by-pass heart surgery November 2011, hoping for transplant, O negative, universal donor, still breathing.
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:56:15 AM »

Hello Gaelicdevil and welcome to IHD.  Glad you joined but sorry you have a reason to. 

I also was taught "if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut".  But, hopefully you will find this is the one place you can say things that are not so positive and feel less lonely.  There are lots of wonderful folks on here from all over the world that are on the same path and can relate to what you are feeling and going through.  Read and learn all you can.  It sucks a little less when you have a little more control over your disease through knowledge.  Ask questions and feel free to rant/vent when you need to. 

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the boards!   :welcomesign;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:34:14 AM »

One great thing about here is everyone including us caregivers knows what you're going through and it's ok to complain out it. Let it all out! You'll learn a lot here.

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:04 AM »

Welcome to the group, gaelicdevil.  From your name it sounds like you might be from Ireland.  Lots of good information and friends here.  Glad you found us!
gaelicdevil

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:07:55 AM »

Yep, born abroad raised a Yank. Sean Patrick by name. It is kind of funny or is it sad. I am alone and I guess I get to stay that way because no one seems to like the walking dead. That is how I feel like a freaking zombie. Have to start getting ready-3 hours to go before I am hooked to the life sucking robot. If only Doctor Who knew.

Type 1 diabetic, fistula October 2010, Hemodialysis January 2011, triple by-pass heart surgery November 2011, hoping for transplant, O negative, universal donor, still breathing.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »

People who say "if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut" don't have kidney disease and certainly aren't on dialysis.  If they are, they're delusional and they also don't have any friends that they truly trust.

We don't require that members be nicey nice here.  We're friendly, supportive and cooperative, but if life is hard one day, we trust each other enough to come on here and say so without fearing that someone will tell us, "If you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut."

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 11:12:08 AM »

sending my  :welcomesign; out to you,  and hoping you'll feel good enought to vent or what ever ya need to do.  Im the caregiver here, but i tell ya, i really felt pretty close to what your feeling when hubby started this D stuff.  It's the best ever to have found this place or i would have died in lonleyness, and dispare feeling this was the END.  Well, it's not, and the more you read and post you'll find some pretty happy healthy people dealing with the same crap as you  ;)  Hope in time you'll feel a little better and not so alone... 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »

:welcomesign; gaelicdevil.  Please don't feel lonely anymore ... we're a lovely bunch of people here, bursting with advice, support and good cheer.  And we even let you rant about the not-so nice stuff. 

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
PreciousJeni

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »

:welcomesign; im here if you want to talk.

Jennifer L Galloway on facebook
PreciousJeni on twitter
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 10:08:58 PM »

G'day, gaelicdevil, and :welcomesign;.

Galvo
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »