I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 09:30:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  I'm a " Big Baby "
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm a " Big Baby "  (Read 3538 times)
Mizar

« on: January 14, 2011, 04:56:14 PM »

Had to Post this, just to " Lighten " up, all the Caregivers Day.   I don't think, I Whine alot, at least, I have Tried not too, but I Guess, I must, because Today, I 
  got an E-Mail, in My Personal E-Mail Box, that went on and on, about how, " Yours Truly " Whines all the time, about taking care of Her Husband and Thinks She
  is the only one with Problems and that I'm a " Big Baby "  IT WAS SENT BY MISTAKE TO MY BOX!!  The Person who wrote it lives 1000 Miles away and has
  never seen, the Situation here.     Am I Angry?  Nope.  I just Hit, Reply and said, " I think, You meant this E-Mail, for Someone else "
  Sitting here Tonight with a Smile on My Face, thinking about the look on Their Face, when they get the E-Mail back! :rofl;
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »

:2thumbsup; :rofl; :yahoo;

Way to go!!!!

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »

That someone has a lot of nerve sending it to anyone!  Thanks for sharing this though...it brought a grin to me! 

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 06:46:12 PM »

ha!! Classy way to respond and react. Yeah other people's opinions don't matter with stuff like this. They don't know the burden etc.. they can think what they like. Good for you!

As for big babies - you should have seen me during my stent removal!!! A nurse had to come hold my hand and try and distract me !!!  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »

Good answer!!!! Kudos to you, as we will all be thinking about that other persons face when they got your reply.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 10:57:47 PM »

Oh for God's sakes.  That person really needs to get a life.  How utterly childish...sounds like a 10 year old.  Can't they come up with something better than "big baby"?  I mean, what kind of wimpy name calling is that?  "Big Baby"...what imagination.  What linguistic skill.  What a big baby! ::)

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »

Oh, this made me chuckle.  Well done to you for letting it wash over you! I think I would have cuddled up under my duvet and sobbed myself to sleep if I received something like that meant for someone else. But then, I'm a big baby, so ...

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
rsudock
Elite Member

will of the healthy makes up the fate of the sick.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »

did this person ever respond back to u and apologize?

Born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
1995 - AV Fistula placed
Dec 7, 1999 cadaver transplant saved me from childhood dialysis!
10 transplant years = spleenectomy, gall bladder removed, liver biopsy, bone marrow aspiration.
July 27, 2010 Started dialysis for the first time ever.
June 21, 2011 2nd kidney nonrelated living donor
September 2013 Liver Cancer tumor.
October 2013 Ablation of liver tumor.
Now scans every 3 months to watch for new tumors.
Now Status 7 on the wait list for a liver.
How about another decade of solid health?
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 11:47:08 AM »

Perfect response! Hey, you know what goes on in my life and that's all that's important. Gee, come to think of it I DO whine a lot here, I consider it venting but it's probably whinning. I have to re think some things now. Hhmmmm You did good!

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 07:33:18 PM »

Perfect answer, Mizar!   There are times I double check who I am sending it to because I am afraid I will make the same mistake.  So, now, I think what if "so and so" read this.  Makes you think twice.    I hope she is completely humiliated.   You are much classier than she is.

And texasstyle, you are allowed to whine here!  Where else are we suppose to go?  Ranting and whining are pretty much the same around here.  I love your posts: the happy ones and the ranting ones.   :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »

:clap;

That's the way to show people that their insensitive comments don't bother you. The look on their face...priceless!

:cuddle;

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »

Oh, see, now I'd have returned it to her, and then forwarded it on to the intended recipient at the same time, with a cheerful little note to that person as well!   ;D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »