I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 03:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Yet another med im having serious problems with
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yet another med im having serious problems with  (Read 1883 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: January 19, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »

Cinacalcet ! So what the hell do i do now ? I cant have the op (not fit enough for a GA) Ive noticed certain things since ive been on it and they are getting worse so ive made an appt with my neph , earliest i can get is next week !!! Ive told the renal staff but they just think its great its working. So after reading the list of side effects the ones im having are the more serious ones. Racing heart , chest pains , it does say tingling around the mouth but mine is in my nose. Last night i was woken with chest pains but they are so fleeting you wonder did you have them and every so often my heart starts to race like crazy, even when sat. Im going to insist someone rings my neph tomorrow for advice, i dont think i want to wait another week.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
rsudock
Elite Member

will of the healthy makes up the fate of the sick.

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »

i agree put a call into the neph. actually talk to a pharmacist he would have more specific knowledge about the drug!

xo,
R

Born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
1995 - AV Fistula placed
Dec 7, 1999 cadaver transplant saved me from childhood dialysis!
10 transplant years = spleenectomy, gall bladder removed, liver biopsy, bone marrow aspiration.
July 27, 2010 Started dialysis for the first time ever.
June 21, 2011 2nd kidney nonrelated living donor
September 2013 Liver Cancer tumor.
October 2013 Ablation of liver tumor.
Now scans every 3 months to watch for new tumors.
Now Status 7 on the wait list for a liver.
How about another decade of solid health?
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »

Big joke asked nearly every one of the staff ..up to the most senior about the side effects , the answer off every single one of them ...yeah but your bloods are great ! Sadly we cant just approach our neph , its by invitation only !!! (appt booked in advance , like a week in advance at least !)

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »