I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 10:41:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Mon, Wed, Fri. Or Tue, Thu, Sat. With POLL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mon, Wed, Fri. Or Tue, Thu, Sat. With POLL  (Read 7442 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: August 09, 2005, 02:34:31 PM »

What days of the week do you goto dialysis? I love M,W,F I love having the weekend to try to be normal. I have never tried T,Th,Sa. What do you prefer and why?

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
LifeOnHold

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 03:41:46 PM »

I decided to stay on Tue-Thur-Sat because that gives me three non-dialysis days to get my doctors' appointments taken care of.

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
mark j

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:08:40 AM »

I go Tue thurs  sat  my days off are weds and sunday  so i can have the next day off after tx
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 11:11:54 PM »

I go Tue thurs  sat  my days off are weds and sunday  so i can have the next day off after tx

???

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

cayleighrose

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 12:00:49 PM »

We have tried it both ways. When my husband (hereafter known as C) started on dialysis he was determined to continue working. So he went Tues, Thurs, Sat in the evenings so that he just had to leave work early a couple of days. His job was very understanding and made any accomodations that were necessary. Unfortunately he couldn't handle it and was too tired to do anything, so he quit. So, now he goes Mon, Wed, Fri and it really works great. He goes in the morning so he is home when the kids get out of school and we have our weekends free to goof off together.
 :)
Stacey
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 06:22:38 PM »

We have tried it both ways. When my husband (hereafter known as C) started on dialysis he was determined to continue working. So he went Tues, Thurs, Sat in the evenings so that he just had to leave work early a couple of days. His job was very understanding and made any accomodations that were necessary. Unfortunately he couldn't handle it and was too tired to do anything, so he quit. So, now he goes Mon, Wed, Fri and it really works great. He goes in the morning so he is home when the kids get out of school and we have our weekends free to goof off together.
 :)
Stacey

This is why I love M,W,F so I can have the weekend with my wife and son and try to pretend to be a normal person. I too go early so I can be here for my son when he gets out of school.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Iowagirl

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 07:42:07 AM »

I dialize MWF evenings.  I am, thank god still able to work.  I teach school so I just go over after work, come home and sleep it off.  I have run this schedule so long my body rebels if I run during the day.  And you all have hit it square on the head for me with the word "normal".  Sometimes I look at my blood running through that contraption and it hits me how surreal my life is.... Its so not normal.  Its not normal to have your blood out side your body for 12 hours a week.   Its so not normal to be so at home in medical situations.  Its not normal to worry about what you eat and what you drink.  Its not normal to have your mortality hit you in the face daily.  I've done this so f***ing long I don't even remember what normal feels like.

Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 01:22:45 PM »

I dialize MWF evenings.  I am, thank god still able to work.  I teach school so I just go over after work, come home and sleep it off.  I have run this schedule so long my body rebels if I run during the day.  And you all have hit it square on the head for me with the word "normal".  Sometimes I look at my blood running through that contraption and it hits me how surreal my life is.... Its so not normal.  Its not normal to have your blood out side your body for 12 hours a week.   Its so not normal to be so at home in medical situations.  Its not normal to worry about what you eat and what you drink.  Its not normal to have your mortality hit you in the face daily.  I've done this so f***ing long I don't even remember what normal feels like.

I used to dialyze in the evenings and I liked it but now I go in the morning so I can be home so when my son gets home from school. And as for me sometimes I wonder what it feels like to be normal, I too have been on so long I forgot what's it like to be healthy. It's like I don't have any hope for the future, I always think about my death. All I want is to make it until my son turns 18 and goes off to college. I am 10 years from that goal.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Iowagirl

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 07:28:20 AM »

I have times when I think/ worry about dying.  And I know this is the vent board but I would like to share what helps me with some of that.  I don't plan.  I try to keep focused on the moment and I keep reminding myself that I don't have to make this freak show of  a life work forever- I just have to find a way to make it work today.  And i can usually handle today.  If I start looking down the road nay much too far it freaks the shit outa me.  So I just make it work today. 8)

Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 06:28:48 AM »

I am not on dialysis yet, but MWF will work best for me.  I teach High School Mon to Fri and then Tues and Thurs evening I teach French at the Community College.  I will be going to dialysis (when it starts) from lunch time until about 4.00 p.m.
As I asked in another post, I wanted to know if you think I would be able on Mondays and Wednesdays to do a private French class with a couple after my dialysis session.  the classes are from 5.30 to 7.00
Aurora

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 05:37:10 PM »

I am not on dialysis yet, but MWF will work best for me.  I teach High School Mon to Fri and then Tues and Thurs evening I teach French at the Community College.  I will be going to dialysis (when it starts) from lunch time until about 4.00 p.m.
As I asked in another post, I wanted to know if you think I would be able on Mondays and Wednesdays to do a private French class with a couple after my dialysis session.  the classes are from 5.30 to 7.00
Aurora

See this thread for the answer to your question:

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.0 Replies #12 and #13

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 11:48:31 PM »

I started out mon,wed, fri, now that i am on nocturnal dialysis at home they want me to do it every second night.The dialysis machine is in the spare bedroom so every second night after a few cuddles with my partner its rightyho lets go and do dialysis.So im already in a cosy and sleepy mode and then i have to go set up my machine.So then you may as well slap yourself in the face and drown yourself in iced water you have to be alert enough to make sure everything is set up properly.So now Im not getting my weekend off from it, and am feeling more depressed then when i was only doing it m, w, f.My blood results have improved but my happiness has suffered because of it.

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Jamie

What's life with out alittle magic?

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 06:33:15 PM »

I have always been Mondays, Wednedays and Fridays I find this just works better for myself......Jamie-G

What's life with out a little magic?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »