I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 02:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  What a mess today at D was !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What a mess today at D was !  (Read 2398 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: January 13, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »

I struggle so much with hemo , even after all this time. As you know the lights are a major factor in my head exploding , and i could only do 3 hours before i really started throwing up and nearly collapsing. We solved this by giving me a small dose of morphine about an hour into treatment and it got me through  the fours hours and this has been working well for months. Well today was chaos , machines going faulty all over the place and despite asking for my morphine was put to the back of the queue as not important enough. They finally got round to giving it me and i only had an hour and a bit left to do , by that time my head had already started , next thing im throwing my guts up. The solution was to say , you not so well today ? we had better take you off , you are in no fit state to carry on. Shouldnt they have said no morphine today ..our mistake, look whats happened because of this, but thats too much to ask. So sat here one crappy feeling KS , just starting to recover and only 3 hours D today.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:18:11 PM »

How horrobly awful!!  Not only the feeling horrable, but the responce you get...I feel so bad that above all, you have to deal with some of the crap you shouldnt have to.  im guessing theres no way for you to go for home hemo??    Its just awful that you have so much else to gothrough besides just the fact you have to do the dang D in the first place.. Im sorry.

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
rsudock
Elite Member

will of the healthy makes up the fate of the sick.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 02:08:56 AM »

sorry KS what a bunch of jerks. I don't get it why isn't patient care the top priority?!?!? here's to hoping that next time they get their act together!!!

xo,
R

Born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
1995 - AV Fistula placed
Dec 7, 1999 cadaver transplant saved me from childhood dialysis!
10 transplant years = spleenectomy, gall bladder removed, liver biopsy, bone marrow aspiration.
July 27, 2010 Started dialysis for the first time ever.
June 21, 2011 2nd kidney nonrelated living donor
September 2013 Liver Cancer tumor.
October 2013 Ablation of liver tumor.
Now scans every 3 months to watch for new tumors.
Now Status 7 on the wait list for a liver.
How about another decade of solid health?
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:14:02 AM »

sorry to hear, the two of us seem to be battling with our units , like crazy!  :stressed; :banghead;

They make it very clear that non-emergency stuff will be dealt with when and if they get time.

:Kit n Stik; 

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
Gandalf

"Character is Destiny" Heraclitus

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 03:45:09 AM »

It must have been absolutely awful and scary, both in terms of the experience and in terms of the response, or should I say Non-Response.   I pray that your Nephrologist assists you to establish a longer-term a solution for you - a solution which you yourself can manage so that you are not forced into such a situation again, where you are dependent on people who are not recognising your situation.  I admire your resilience in having to deal with this for what seems to be quite a time, and yet remaining steadfast and going back!  My heart really goes out to you - I too find Hemo an enormous challenge, and every session feels like a century or more (Although, today I see that maybe I have little to complain about in terms of what you have had to go through).  Keeping you in my mind.
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 09:53:56 AM »

Ack, Kickie!  You have some silly buggers at your dialysis unit.  Hope you woke up this morning feeling better.

*huggles*

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »

I noticed the date  "13th " not very lucky for you, was it? I hope you are feeling better to-day, another thing I did not put you down for a collector of Dr Who stuff, well what do you know!
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »

As another poster said, maybe your Dr. could give you the morphine in a pill form, so you could just take it when needed, instead of having to go thru all that crap. The term"customer service" has completely gone out the window.   :cuddle;

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »

Hi Jean , i dont get it IV to start with , i get it in syrup form !!! but i am told i cant have any because it is a controlled drug, yet i know of people who get morphine patches etc (not dialysis related) I am going to speak to my neph at my next appt ...whenever that comes around !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »

Dont delay Kickie, call your neph and get something. Gotta stop already with this pain.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »