I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2024, 10:41:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Nxstage cruise
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nxstage cruise  (Read 4070 times)
vcarmody

« on: March 06, 2011, 07:54:30 PM »

I was wondering if anyone knew if another cruise was going to be planned for Nxstage users?  We were training when the last one took place.  My husband and I love to cruise and we are leaving on our 3rd cruise sense starting Nxstage and we have our 4th planned for October 5 out of NY. 
Did anyone go on the last cruise? If so did everyone have a good time?  An does anyone know how the last cruise originated?  Was it a Nxstage idea or just a group of user who just planned it themselves? 

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
yliebert

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:38:50 PM »

They are called Freedom Cruises, and I think it was started by someone on this board.  Have you ever taken a cruise that originated outside the US?  If so, which cruise lines did you use?
YL
vcarmody

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »

I have only ever cruised out of NY or NJ.  So far I have sailed on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and in October it will be Carnival.  We were book on and NCL cruise but they called my travel agent after we payed our final payment and said they would not allow hemo dialysis to be done on the ship only PD.  I sent many emails and letters to try and get them to change there policy but I just could not get them to understand that this is self administered with no assistance from the ship staff.   I'm pretty sure I read that Nxstage will only deliver supplies to U.S. ports.

yliebert

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »

I booked on Princess, then found that they don't allow it unless you have been on home hemo for at least 18 months!  We are going to try to speak with them again, but I don't have a real good feeling about the outcome.  We already spoke with a person in their accessibility office and she told us it was never allowed, although Princess Cruise lines clearly says, on-line, that it is.  :thx;
YL
vcarmody

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »

Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Carnival has given us no problem at all.  I think that Princess is part of Carnival so you may want to contact there access department and tell them that the other cruise lines allow it, it is self administered just like PD and nothing is needed by the ship or crew other then disposing of your garbage, and allowing the supplies to bed delivered to the port the morning of the cruise.  I found while dealing with NCL it was just that they are ignorant of the facts of Nxstage.  Maybe if Nxstage contacts them and explains it to them you will get better results. 

yliebert

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »

Calling NXstage is a great idea, thanks
M3Riddler

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 06:24:21 PM »

They are called Freedom Cruises, and I think it was started by someone on this board.  Have you ever taken a cruise that originated outside the US?  If so, which cruise lines did you use?
YL

The 2010 Freedom Cruise was organized by NxStageUsers - . A few individuals put this together. You can read all about the 2010 Freedom Cruise on the NxStageUsers Webpage View Photos and Media Coverage. 
We may be organizing another Cruise in 2012 if you are interested. Visit the NxStageUsers Freedom Cruise Details Page and submit any questions on their "Ask a Question" Form on the menu.
If anyone is interested in a vacation in New Orleans. With the success of our 1st Annual Meet-Up and Conference in Las Vegas last October, we are also planning our 2nd Annual Meet-Up and Conference in October. View Press Release

Hope to see you there!!!

///M3R

Admin of Dialysis Discussion Uncensored on Facebook