I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 09:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Lies My Clinic Told Me
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lies My Clinic Told Me  (Read 11030 times)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »

Yeah,
 I got lied to too on that....After 4 years I still have peroid.  :rant; grr

Lisa

Well, I bet that line works on a few patients...

I loved it when the nurse told me my periods would just stop and I wouldn't have to mess with them anymore.  NOT!  Heparin just makes them worse and worse.

They also said D patients couldn't get pregnant.  I didn't have to worry about that bit of misinformation because I already had my tubes tied when my kidneys first failed - but it sure seems like we've had an awful lot of baby pics posted on this site from "infertile" D patients!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Gandalf

"Character is Destiny" Heraclitus

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2011, 10:57:31 PM »

Reading through the posts, and reflecting on my own experience, people at the clinic and elsewhere for that matter, do really say some things which are utterly mundane and others which are just plain incorrect ("you will get used to it", "you will feel better"......".  But I think much of it is in desperation, and a sense of wanting to redeem a situation which it must be difficult for an outsider to understand.  The pity is that must of us are not looking at other people for solutions, just empathy.....
Lindia

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 06:18:06 PM »

Heres a big lie ---   "There's no waiting list"  for at home training on the NxStage.  As soon as you can stick yourself, and buttonholes are developed, you can go.     NOT !!     oh - wait a minute -  you are starting to stick yourself, well you can't get into training for months !

oh, and surprise, surprise, surprise --  I'm not going to take this lying down --  we will find another center - we do have PRIVATE INSURANCE --   MORONS !!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »