I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 04:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  i just got my pager
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: i just got my pager  (Read 2686 times)
jonn r

my little girl maiah

« on: February 26, 2007, 10:53:33 AM »

......so call me crazy...but now i am scared.....why...i dont know...but i am
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 10:56:18 AM »

Good luck John, hope your transplant comes fast!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »

Congrats on the pager and making the list!

Don't worry, it's perfectly normal to be scared.  Such a list of things to worry about - Will I get the call?  What if I miss a call?  How long will I wait?  What if I get sicker and get bumped off the list?  And even if you do get the call, then there's a huge surgery and possible rejection, and on and on and on. . .

It's amazing they don't pass out strait jackets with those pagers, actually.  You would think that would be a requirement. . .

Just remember, you're doing this for that little cutie you are holding in your avatar picture!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 01:24:50 PM »

Pager?  I didn't get no 'stinking' pager!   ???

kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 02:19:59 PM »

Congrats!

Now what is the time frame? OR didn't they say?

Kim

http://www.kimhoben.com
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 03:30:28 PM »

Right on  :thumbup;  your are almost there John,  I know you must be scared but think of all the positive things that goes with the procedure, hang in there buddy,  just take it one day at a time  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
bluedove57

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 05:33:52 PM »

I didn't get a pager?? Guess up in Maine you're just on call  :snowman; :snowman; Maybe it's to cold here for pagers...
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 08:25:35 PM »

Congratulations JohnR, I hope it's soon.  :2thumbsup;
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 10:30:52 PM »

:yahoo;   :yahoo; WOOO HOOOO!! Thats great news...Congratulations. I hope the buzzer is going off sooner rather than later! :thumbup;

Its only natural to be worried about the next step... sometimes we just get comfortable with "Better the Devil we know".    >:D
I have been on the list for two years and I still jump to the ceiling when the phone rings. I can't help but think is today the day?

ohhh And NO PAGER down here either!

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 11:15:08 PM »

From this moment on all will be just better and better!....congrats!!!
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »

Congratulations on getting your pager John :2thumbsup;
I thought you might like to hear about when I got mine.  In the UK, renal units don't normally handout pagers! it was only because my unit was donated 20 by a mobile phone co.  When I was given one, I was told that no-one but the unit had my no. so, if it ring's it's US! I was really pleased, because I had already booked a weekend break in the North west Highlands (very remote!).
On the Saturday night, my pager ALARMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but, the problem was I didn't reckonise or understand the number?
I tried ringing this strange sequence of numbers, but, the line was dead, I then phoned my renal unit and they had no idea why this should happen!!! all they knew was it wasn't them...I read out the number and one of the nurses thought she reconised it! and she had.  It was the National Lottery Numbers (a free service from the mobile phone company)  I  just wish someone would have warned me.  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »

Congratulations on getting your pager John :2thumbsup;
I thought you might like to hear about when I got mine.  In the UK, renal units don't normally handout pagers! it was only because my unit was donated 20 by a mobile phone co.  When I was given one, I was told that no-one but the unit had my no. so, if it ring's it's US! I was really pleased, because I had already booked a weekend break in the North west Highlands (very remote!).
On the Saturday night, my pager ALARMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but, the problem was I didn't reckonise or understand the number?
I tried ringing this strange sequence of numbers, but, the line was dead, I then phoned my renal unit and they had no idea why this should happen!!! all they knew was it wasn't them...I read out the number and one of the nurses thought she reconised it! and she had.  It was the National Lottery Numbers (a free service from the mobile phone company)  I  just wish someone would have warned me.  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Billogblog..(sorry but dont want to go off topic here) where abouts are you taking your break ? I used to live up there!!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »

Pager? I didn't get a pager!    Congratulations, John   Now go out and enjoy everyday. Don't sit and wait - do something everyday.  Keep us posted. We all love good news! :clap;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »