I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 02:26:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Baxter Home Choice manual
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baxter Home Choice manual  (Read 5745 times)
komomai

« on: November 06, 2010, 07:27:54 PM »

Aloha, would any one have a Baxter home choice manual?  Mines all in Japanese and the only engliish directions are how to connect bags and patient and to disconnect.  Looking at how to set amount of dwells in an evening.  Mahalo for any help.
Aloha,
Komomai :sos;
greg10

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »

I don't have access to Baxter documents because we are not users of PD, but may be you can call technical support and explain your situation.  Alternatively, perhaps someone here on Baxter PD can access the site.

Service Documentation

Service manuals and service bulletins are available for viewing or download from this site. If you have access to the Document Web site Click the link below. If you do not have access to this site call Technical Support at 1-800-THE-PUMP, prompt 2.

https://gts.baxter.com/gts

http://www.baxter.com/healthcare_professionals/technical_services/renal/technical_support.html

Newbie caretaker, so I may not know what I am talking about :)
Caretaker for my elderly father who has his first and current graft in March, 2010.
Previously in-center hemodialysis in national chain, now doing NxStage home dialysis training.
End of September 2010: after twelve days of training, we were asked to start dialyzing on our own at home, reluctantly, we agreed.
If you are on HD, did you know that Rapid fluid removal (UF = ultrafiltration) during dialysis is associated with cardiovascular morbidity?  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20596
We follow a modified version: UF limit = (weight in kg)  *  10 ml/kg/hr * (130 - age)/100

How do you know you are getting sufficient hemodialysis?  Know your HDP!  Scribner, B. H. and D. G. Oreopoulos (2002). "The Hemodialysis Product (HDP): A Better Index of Dialysis Adequacy than Kt/V." Dialysis & Transplantation 31(1).   http://www.therenalnetwork.org/qi/resources/HDP.pdf
komomai

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 01:09:48 AM »

Mahalo will give them a ring when they release me from the hospital.  Again thanks for the links.
Aloha,
Komomai
Burton

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 05:10:17 AM »

I have just been told that I can apply for a homechoice machine  (I live in South Wales) Does anyone know how long it takes to get one after the doctor authorises it.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »

I dont know about Wales but i got one about 2 weeks after i got the ok, but you also have to train up for it between 3-5 days. Also you will have to change your supplies over from pd to the machine , so allow for all that as well  :2thumbsup;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
komomai

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 09:12:28 PM »

In my case I asked for and got the machine from the start.  Although I did the CAPD Manual exchanges for 4 days to practice with the hospital, the Baxter Japan rep. brought the machine to my room in the hospital and I did the setups with the nurses watching.

Good luck, and enjoy the cycler.

Aloha, :waving;
Komomai
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »