I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 08:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  There is no need fistula or cath for a hemo dialysis...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: There is no need fistula or cath for a hemo dialysis...  (Read 2776 times)
khaliq282

« on: October 23, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »

Hi im khaliq frm pakistan .my dialysis 1 yr story i just publis on introdcution page..
im a 1 yr old dialysis patiant.nd im ok nd enjoying my life.but i have no fistula r cath.my dialysis session every time gud.my dialysis did aftar every 5th day.every time only 2 liter water wid toxions nd wastage prodcuts cm out.my urea.creatnine.hb stay almost under contorl.i cn walk daily,cn eat gud diet.cn drink 2 liter fluid daily.my urine cm out regularly.
im nt fel pain during hd session,its 4 hr every time nd mechine complate 70 to 80 cycle of whole my body blood through dialzier.

Edited: Moved to General Discussion - okarol/admin
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:32:01 PM by okarol » Logged

khaliq
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »

Sorry I'm a little confused about what you're saying - are you saying you do not use a fistula or catheter for access? If so, how ARE you being accessed?

I'm glad you're doing well and having so much freedom with fluids and diet at this point in time - that's great :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »

I am not understanding.

Galvo
khaliq282

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

Thanx richardmel,fr ur cment.
yes i have no fistula r catheter.
in my hd my acess piont is my left hand nd arm.let i explain it,
wen i go fr dialysis .i lay on bed.
then nurse clean my arm mid joint wid piodion. 
then she inject me 2cc ligrocant injection.so coz of that the meat area bcme painless.then leave me fr 5 mints so it tk effect.   
there is 2 neddle nid fr dialysis mechine.1 they put n my hand small vain wer my blood cn go inside my body aftar dialize.
2nd neddle they put me n my arm mid joint wer they inject the injection 5 mint b4 So my blood cm out frm body wid pressure wat mechine.
then they put tube nd dialysis session start.
aftar finsh my dialysing they bandage nd i cn go hm.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:37:01 PM by khaliq282 » Logged

khaliq
greg10

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »

Hi Khaliq,
  Welcome to the forum.  You should refrain from posting your own story in the "News" section, but please keep posting in your original thread or new threads in the "Introduction" section of the forum, for example, this is where you should post:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20607.0

In addition, it is hard for some of us to read your short hand writing so please bear with us if we don't understand completely what you have written.  You have a compelling story about how dialysis is done with perhaps limited resources in some countries and it gives us great insight and feeling of grace when we compare our circumstances with others less fortunate than us.  You have come a long way from your dangerous circumstances a year ago and we hope you continue to recover your health.

What Khaliq has been describing is how he has been doing dialysis without the benefit of a catheter or fistula, by using a vein in the arm and an artery in the leg.  Cannulation of an artery for dialysis is generally not done unless it is an emergency by western standards, from what I have read.  The stopping of bleeding of an artery is harder than that of a vein and occlusions, infiltrations and clots are that much harder to deal with.

In the long run, Khaliq, you should try to get an access put in, whether it be a catheter or fistula, the fistula is preferable if possible.  You are having dialysis every five days.  From some of your posts, you said your creatinine level dropped from 21 to 8 mg/dl.  As you know, 8mg/dl is still very high (21 mg/dl is very dangerous).  You may benefit from more dialysis, and a better access will help.

Best of luck.  You have preserved and we wish you good success in your future.

Newbie caretaker, so I may not know what I am talking about :)
Caretaker for my elderly father who has his first and current graft in March, 2010.
Previously in-center hemodialysis in national chain, now doing NxStage home dialysis training.
End of September 2010: after twelve days of training, we were asked to start dialyzing on our own at home, reluctantly, we agreed.
If you are on HD, did you know that Rapid fluid removal (UF = ultrafiltration) during dialysis is associated with cardiovascular morbidity?  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20596
We follow a modified version: UF limit = (weight in kg)  *  10 ml/kg/hr * (130 - age)/100

How do you know you are getting sufficient hemodialysis?  Know your HDP!  Scribner, B. H. and D. G. Oreopoulos (2002). "The Hemodialysis Product (HDP): A Better Index of Dialysis Adequacy than Kt/V." Dialysis & Transplantation 31(1).   http://www.therenalnetwork.org/qi/resources/HDP.pdf
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 08:56:07 AM »

To say there is "no need for a fistula or cath for HD" is like saying you don't need a cast for a broken leg just put tree limbs on each side of your leg.  Yeah it may work, but it's not the correct thing to do with the technology that we have.

I'm sorry for you.          :'(

Constantcrave40

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 11:33:28 AM »

Were he is from maybe he doesnt have the cash for fistula ect and no ins. They may not even do that there. They do what they can with what they have,and unfortunatly he sounds like he needs more dialysis,and better care. As his levels are fluctuatiing.and in time change and will need it anyway. I am glad he feels good. I hope he stays strong as he is. Good luck
khaliq282

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »

thanks fr all u.
there is a reason behind it to nt have fistula.
wer i go fr dialysis to other city.the technition there is a old person.he have an experince of 30  yr of dialysing nd dialysis mechine.he have only technic to do dialysis.its help wen u new n hd nd u nt have fistula r cath n u need hd urgent,
its simple put 1 neddle n left hand vain.its use fr blood come from mechine to body inside.
then make the mide of arm pain less wid injection.then put other neddle n arty nd use fr blood cm out.
My mechine run on 350 to 400 speed.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:44:41 PM by khaliq282 » Logged

khaliq
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »

I would love to be able to reply but im sorry i cant understand you !  ???

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »