I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 12:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  HOW DO YOU FEEL . . after Dialysis?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOW DO YOU FEEL . . after Dialysis?  (Read 33362 times)
murf

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »

When I was on hemo, I loved the evening session. Came home, had a snack and then to bed. The next day was right as rain. On the days I had day dialysis, I found I wasted the day by sleeping or wallowing about.

Started Hemodialysis Anzac Day 2005
Patiently waiting for a transplant
Started PD New Year 2010
Taken off transpalnt list, Jan 211
brandi1leigh

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 12:29:10 PM »

I'm exhausted when I get home. I'm one of the ones who's achy. My whole body hurts, especially my legs and feet. If I take a nap, I can SOMETIMES leave my house after dialysis. But the activity has to be something very easy (going to a movie, out to dinner). Nothing strenuous, or I'm likely to pass out or be miserable for days.

Luckily I'm not working right now. I had a really great disability insurance that I paid for in case of an emergency (when I got it I never dreamed I'd end up on dialysis, but that's life).

There are people on my unit who work, but I can't imagine it. My neph has been pushing my to go back to work, but I just can't figure out how I would do it. My mom says you do what you have to do. I guess that's true.
Henry P Snicklesnorter

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 07:48:27 PM »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:39:22 AM by Henry P Snicklesnorter » Logged
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »

In the early days of dialysis, I would not even drive myself home.  I would just collapse on the couch in the living room and be there until morning.  But all that has changed.  I now drive myself from dialysis, and in 1997 when I lost my job, I would even do tutoring after dialysis until late evening.
I feel just fine after dialysis nowadays. 
Just one evening recently it was like old times.  It was because the nurse took off more than I wanted and my body really reacted to it. I just went home and collapsed.  I was not even able to work the next day.  But that is very rare for me.
I too tend to be very hungry after dialysis.  I must eat something as soon as possible.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 07:14:14 AM »

I'm active after dialysis. I'm on the twilight shift, which suits me. I drive and often pop into the supermarket on the way home (few customers to clutter the place up at 11 p.m.). Like others, I always need something to eat.

Sometimes I'm tired the next day, but often not. I always feel fine!  :2thumbsup;

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 03:04:49 AM »

I dialyse 3 afternoons after working in the morning. At first I used to feel absolutely slaughtered but gradually I think my body became more accustommed to it. Eventually  I got to feeling not too bad after dialysis probably because I never have any fluid pulled off but on odd occasions it does seem like my body is saying to me ''WTF was that??!!!''

I have recently started doing 3 1/2 hours insted of 3 and then again at first I did feel rather more exausted than when I was on the 3. But maybe I'm getting used to it again because on wednesday night after D I felt well enough to go out to my local pub with  a few of the lads and watch football on the big screen and enjoy a couple of pints of Holt's Best Bitter.

Ken
casper2636

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »

I've found  that I have good days and bad days...nothing predicts which it will be. Some days I'll breeze through, and others, I'll be throwing up the last 1/2 hour of treatment. I don't know whats up with that, but I just take what comes and hope for the best. And , yes, I have a very big problem with low blood pressure, but techs are hard to find during treatment!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »