I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:16:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Product for Itching
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Product for Itching  (Read 3239 times)
RainingRoses

« on: July 09, 2010, 07:42:42 AM »

I posted last week about itching and received some good information from IHD members.  I saw my neph yesterday, and armed with the info from IHD, we made a viable game plan about the itching.

In the post, I also mentioned that I ordered a product for pruritis and would share if it was any good.  I found the product by doing a Google search and reading about it in a post on a renal support group.  It wasn't expensive, and I was desperate so I ordered one--with little expectations.  For me, it worked and worked well.  I know there are various causes of renal pruritis so I don't know if it will work for you.  I wrote the company, and they offered to give a 25% coupon to IHD members--if you want to try it.  Put in the code KIDNEY at checkout.

I am a new member here, and I just reread the rules about links.  I hope this is not breaking any rules.  I'm curious to know if it helps other ESRD patients.  The name of the product is ThermaSkin.  I tried the spray but will order the roll on today.

This is the website where I ordered:
http://www.greensations.com/

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Greensations-Skin-Care/   

Finally Diagnosed 6/2001 Alport's Syndrome
CAPD 10/ 2006
Listed on UNOS 7/2007
CCPD  10/2007
Peritonitis & Hemo 10/2009
CCPD 2/2010
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:53:20 PM »

Thanks for sharing this with your IHD family.  You are truly an IHDer - caring and sharing  :cuddle;  I myself do not have an itching problem, but I am sure this will be very appreciated by those who do.  Thanks again.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
RightSide
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 06:49:32 AM »

Thank you for posting this.

The anti-itch product shown, uses capsaicin as its active ingredient.

Capsaicin has indeed been shown to be effective against uremic (renal) pruritus--the itching we ESRD patients suffer from.  I've used capsaicin (in another product) myself.

Note however that it can be irritating to the skin--causes a warm sensation like liniment--so it should NOT be applied to broken skin or to wounds.
RainingRoses

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:37:35 AM »

I've used other capscaisin ointments with varying degrees of success.  Mostly, they gave an intense wamrth, and then the itching returned.  I don't know why, but this product works differently.  Again, I don't know if it will work for anyone else, but with the price is inexpensive plus a 25% discount.  I really encourage giving it a try.  I keep it in my purse and beside my bed.  Pretty amazing how well it's working for me.

CAPD 10/ 2006
Listed on UNOS 7/2007
CCPD  10/2007
CCPD 2/2010
graham

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »

I posted last week about itching and received some good information from IHD members.  I saw my neph yesterday, and armed with the info from IHD, we made a viable game plan about the itching.

In the post, I also mentioned that I ordered a product for pruritis and would share if it was any good.  I found the product by doing a Google search and reading about it in a post on a renal support group.  It wasn't expensive, and I was desperate so I ordered one--with little expectations.  For me, it worked and worked well.  I know there are various causes of renal pruritis so I don't know if it will work for you.  I wrote the company, and they offered to give a 25% coupon to IHD members--if you want to try it.  Put in the code KIDNEY at checkout.

I am a new member here, and I just reread the rules about links.  I hope this is not breaking any rules.  I'm curious to know if it helps other ESRD patients.  The name of the product is ThermaSkin.  I tried the spray but will order the roll on today.

This is the website where I ordered:
http://www.greensations.com/

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Greensations-Skin-Care/

I just ordered for my mum who is constantly plagued at night time (mostly) by general itching caused by ESRD. She was given a menthol cream which does not appear to do much good, so I'm really hoping this will make a difference to her. I will let you know! Thank you.

Graham
RainingRoses

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »

Graham, let me know.  I ordered more of this product so that I always have one in my purse.  I recommend the roll on.
Pete (who is a woman) from Atlanta

CAPD 10/ 2006
Listed on UNOS 7/2007
CCPD  10/2007
CCPD 2/2010
FineWhine

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »

I just started dialysis, and my skin dried out and got very itchy. My skin saver in a bottle is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. Not only does it stop the itching right away, but that real dry skin on my heels and legs softens right up. Since I can only take baths (tunnel cath) I got some Aveeno liquid soap to use in the bath. The oatmeal component helps with itching and the soy seems to smooth the skin.

Fish oil sounds a little too "fishy" for me, but has anybody tried krill oil instead?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »