I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Pre-Dialysis
| | |-+  Scary checkup this week
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scary checkup this week  (Read 3980 times)
woodsman

« on: October 01, 2010, 04:08:23 PM »

I have to go in next week coming up for bloodwork and then to Dr. Javed. he will thn tell me if it is time to get the fistula installed. i have to tell you all i have been fearing this visit for 20+ years and i and still weighing my options. 1: deal with all the needles,hospitals,drs. nurses and hope for the best. 2; hope one of my donors are approved soon. 3: let the cards fall where they may and just live until i can't anymore... decisions decisions, my wife is a nurse and all the horror stories over the years make me not want to go near a hospital but she also had some great stories.... IDK i guess i'll have to wait and find out oct 5th........ :puke;
AguynamedKim

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »

Jim, I hope it all goes well for you.  We're in your corner rooting for you.   :boxing; 

galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 07:58:07 PM »

All I can say is that getting the fistula and undergoing dialysis has proved to be nowhere near as bad as the fear of undergoing the procedures. Good luck.

Galvo
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 09:29:22 PM »

Woodsman, are you my clone?  I could have written this post.  I just had an appt with my neph yesterday, and for the whole week before, I had a constant stomach ache.

Earlier this year, the appt finally came where I was told I needed to get a fistula.  I left the office, got in my car and cried.  The day I got my fistula was one of the worst days in my whole life, and I told that to everyone in the hospital who would listen to me.  I cried so much that they finally just put me to sleep to shut me up.  I'm not embarrassed and I won't apologize for that.  But I will admit that after the surgery was over, I felt such relief that I had survived the realization of one of my worst mightmares.  I was relieved to know that when the time comes, I'm ready for D..no faffing about with catheters.  I now have the world's most fabulous fistula (or so my surgeon claims!). 

The waiting really is so horrible; I do feel for you.  I know exactly how you are feeling, and I hope the time goes by quickly.  Perhaps you will be told you don't need the surgery just quite yet.  Do please let us know.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 11:44:05 PM »

The waiting is the absolute worst.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
kremizin

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »

i already accepted the fact that sooner or later my mom will be on D.  it somehow relieved me of my worries.
woodsman

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 08:16:49 PM »

I go in the am to give blood then they now moved my appointment to next Monday  >:( I am a bit worried and i am never a person to worry much. I am at the end of my rope so to speak and the waiting now is worse than anything i have experienced to date in my 54 years... IJDK seems to me that they like to make us suffer needlessly. I am glad my wife is here to guide me and keep me strong without her i'd have hung it up sometime ago...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »