I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 08:19:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  infiltration lumps aren't healing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: infiltration lumps aren't healing  (Read 1605 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:08 PM »

I can't remember if this has a name or not but I've got two lumps now on my graft, one is smaller then the other and came from when I was infiltrated, however they aren't going away and sometimes they can become itchy and irritated. Is there a revision that they can do to get rid of these lumps? I wish I had a camera to show you photos of my access but I don't. The lumps feel hard, and there's two of them, one on the arterial side which is small and one on the venus side which is  a bit bigger. If there's a way to help get these gone I'd like to know.
Thanks.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
JScott1753

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:43:04 PM »

When that has happened with me(thankfully not too many times) the techs/nurses said to put some ice in a washcloth and gently apply to the site(s). They also say not to apply the ice directly. I usually apply for 30 seconds or so, remove for another 30 seconds, and repeat a few times. For me, they usually go down after 1-2 weeks.
  Jon
FindingNeverland

Cancer Survivor/Young Idealist

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »

When I was infiltrated they put ice on it immediately but the actual lump didn't go away for a couple weeks. I also put a little heat on it too. I would ice it for few minutes to get the swelling down and then use heat for a few minutes to help break up the fluid in there and it also helps the pain, my arm would hurt so bad after they infiltrated.   

~*Laughter is the Language of the Soul*~
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »