I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 08:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  back to the hospital?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: back to the hospital?  (Read 4054 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 08:37:59 AM »

Well, the did replace the cath, i went home, and 2 days later i get sent back in by the dr, who tells me we should remove the new cath, because i might have an infection my white cells are high... they ran tests couldnt find an actual infection but to be safe we should stop trying.
so far this week i have lost a total of 54lbs of fluid. there is still more on me. I went from 125kilo to 100 kilos in just a few days lol (too have a light side, wow.. what a great weightloss plan!) I wonder how much more i have though... my tummy is still swollen. nowhere nearly as bad as it was, but still bothersome.
The drs think the mass is cysts so they arentt doing anything about that at this time.
 :rant; My doctor may be an idiot.... He had me have an ultrasound checking my gullbladder and pancreas, the next day i asked if he had the results.. he said What resluts? i said the results from the ultrasound... he said Oh, u had one? i said yes, u ordered it. So he looks he said everything looks fine... Then the next day i told him, im still hurting here... he said Hmmm, maybe we should get an ultrasound of ur gull bladder............................................. U ALREADY DID THAT, he said Oh... Oh... thats right yes, what were the results?  :stressed;

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 09:34:58 AM »

Sorry, I'm confused.  Do you still have the cath, and are you still doing PD?  Or are you back on hemo?  How did you get rid of so much fluid?

Yes, your doctor does sound like he's not quite up to speed.  Doesn't instill confidence, does it.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 06:45:47 PM »

They replaced the pd cath, then decided to remove it. I am no longer doing PD  and they removed the 2nd cath.
Between hemo and leaking from the incision i lost all that fluid. I was changing my dressing about every 30 min, it was pouring out of me constantly sine they put the 2nd cath in. it was nasty.... it reminded me of a water fountain....

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »