I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  advise please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: advise please  (Read 1947 times)
QIGONG

« on: September 25, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »

i,m on nxstage 5 times aweek and hope to do nocturnal in the future.i would like to know what changes are made to machine.i give my self 30ml of claxane is this different with nocturnal and what pumop speed do you run at
M3Riddler

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »

QIGONG,

It just all depends as everyone is different. Nocturnal Pumpspeeds are normally between 200 and 300 for the upper level for nocturnal depending on how many hours which is around 6 to 8  and 5 or 6 days per week.
As for the machine, you would have to use a different cartridge - 171 which includes a med port. Also, there is no arterial pressure pod on the cartridge. There will be a few system setting changes that will need to be made.
Also, you will have to get  a heparin pump.  Most use heparin, but since you are using claxane, you will need to adjust the dose accordingly.
You may want to ask some of those who already use NxStage for nocturnal. Im sure there are a few who use claxane.  You may be able to find an answer here:  Nocturnal with NxStage

What are your current settings/prescription?  Bloodflow, flow fraction, dialysate used, dry weight etc...?
Does your clinic support nocturnal with nxstage?

///M3R

Admin of Dialysis Discussion Uncensored on Facebook