I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 12:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Transplant "post partum"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transplant "post partum"  (Read 2399 times)
topazbeauty

« on: August 13, 2010, 11:34:31 PM »

I don't know if anyone is up right now, really I shouldn't be up. But I just feel like I need someone to talk to, someone that can understand what I'm going through and tell me that I'm crazy and need to cheer up.

Jes 23
MPGN-1 '98
Remission for 10 years!
12/1/2009 - permacath placed and first round of Hemo
12/2/2009 - transplant center recieved all my documents! Waiting for appointment
2/2010 - approved for transplant
3/18/2010 - Dad not approved due to medial reasons
4/28/2010 - Living tranplant from Mom
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 07:43:59 AM »

I wish I had been up and we could have chatted.   How are you doing today?   I hope today is a  better day.   None of this is easy, even post transplant.    And most think "your cured!" so it is hard for them to understand.    I will look for more posts to see how you are doing.    :cuddle; 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Dianejt

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »

hey Topaz how are you doing today?

caregiver to husband Frank

bladder cancer 1994
renal failure April 2009 due to blocked right ureter. Left kidney 20% function
November 18 2009 surgery to remove right ureter.
April 3, 2010 removal bladder, prostrate, left kidney.
June 11, 2010 started Hemo @ hospital
July 2, 2010 Embolized right Kidney due to hemoraging of tumor
September 11, 2010 RIP my love
topazbeauty

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »

I'm doing better today. I finally calmed down enough to fall asleep around 3, and just got up a little bit ago (it's 2 here now).

I'm not actually sure what I'm upset about. But I've been getting these episodes of anxiety and "depression" (for lack of a better term) for a few weeks now. My job has been really stressful lately and I'm not sure that it's where I'm suppose to be, but I feel trapped. I can't afford my bills  or medications if I quit, but I feel like the stress that I have because of it probably doesn't help my recovery at all. It's like a vicious cycle.

I don't know what changed between pre and post transplant, but I used to be so good at dealing with stuff like this by myself, and lately I don't feel like I can talk myself into feeling ok. The worse part is that deep down I'm a realist, and I know that my life is not that bad, there are situations out of my control, but as a whole there are people in much worse shoes than I am in.

I know that it's not proably the best way to deal with things, but I wish I could go back to bottling them up and just faking ok, life was far less complicated when I could do that.

Jes 23
MPGN-1 '98
Remission for 10 years!
12/1/2009 - permacath placed and first round of Hemo
12/2/2009 - transplant center recieved all my documents! Waiting for appointment
2/2010 - approved for transplant
3/18/2010 - Dad not approved due to medial reasons
4/28/2010 - Living tranplant from Mom
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 01:35:02 PM »

Don't forget that the meds can cause some serious changes in mood.  If you are feeling like a whole different person, and not in a good way, then see if the docs can adjust your meds. 

Knowing there is someone out there with worse problems is a great reality check, that's true.  A dose of perspective is helpful, but it doesn't, however, make your problems vanish.  Don't beat yourself up for not feeling like the transplant was some magic spell that gives you an automatic happily-ever-after.  My life is tremendously better since the transplant, but that doesn't mean I don't still have a lot on my plate.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 03:01:30 PM »

Are you on Prednisone?  That can make your emotions all whacked out for a long time.  I'm glad you're feeling better today.  :)    :cuddle;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; Job stress is not good. It's only been just over 3 months since your transplant and that really isn't very long. I hope you feel better - glad you come here to share - I am usually up late so PM me next time you want to chat.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
chris73

its me ...Chris

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:16:07 PM »

I know how you feel topaz, i have been dealing depression since tx (2 1/2 yrs).I just recently ask my Dr for help..Been on 40mg prozac for 2months now feeling much better and able to cope with daily activites.Hope you are able to find peace with or without more meds! Hang in there!! Sure beat the alternative..God Bless!1 Chris

11/10/07 esrd
12/07/07 permcath placed
dialysis started 2 days later
transplant 4/15/08  from close friend and coworker  of 12 yrs. Thanks Jeff!!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 08:34:33 AM »

Checking on you Topaz to see how you are.   Have you talked to the doctor about all of this?   I hope things start improving for you.   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »