I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:32:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  No D for me today
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No D for me today  (Read 2775 times)
cloud393

« on: September 16, 2010, 05:44:55 PM »

So I get my machine all set up, needles put in, start treatment and what?  My Venus pressures almost 400!  I was told it can't be over 250.  I tried readjusting needle several times but no help.  Only thing that would work was to turn blood pump speed down under 200.  I would've been on the machine all night at that rate.  Anyone else ever have this happen?  What else should I have done?  I just returned blood and stopped treatment.

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »

wow, hope ya get some answeres??

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
cookie2008

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 11:37:46 AM »

Sometimes we would just put in another needle, but most of the time if after moving it and flipping it we just call it a day and start over the next day.  Since I have buttonholes we really dont go thru that anymore.

Started PD in 11/07
Started Hemo in 7/08
Started NxStage 5/09
vcarmody

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »

Not sure if this is the same but I just had this problem about a month or so ago, see my post high arterial pressure. I was at my wits end because I didn't know what was going on.  I sent my husband in center for a treatment after it happened two days in a row.  They had the same problem so they said we needed to go to the vascular surgeon.  Until we could get the procedure done (fistualgram) I moved his arterial needle up to his venous button hole and started a new hole with a sharp for his venous.  We had great pressures after that, but we still had the fistulagram done in the lower part of the vein about a week later.  Now we have 3 button holes established.  When it happened the fist time I ran his treatment for a little while at 200 but returned his blood because we would have been on for like 10 hours and I had to work in the am, the next day it happened again and because it would have made 3 days in a row without dialysis (we had taken the day off just prior to this happening) I returned his blood and called the center to have them so a treatment, that is when I found out it was a problem with his fistula.  Good luck!  I hope this helps.

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
cloud393

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 02:17:44 PM »

Thank you for the replies.  I'll have to start a new button hole again.  How fun. 

Jelena

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »

Maybe you already do this, but my husband and I didn't know about flipping the needle for a while. Once we were told to do that, we have no problems with pressures. But as I said, you probably know all that, so I guess I am not really helping

Jelena
cloud393

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »

what is flipping the needle?  I've never heard thhat before. 

silverhead

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 07:16:08 PM »

Sometimes when you put the needle in the "slant' cut of the needle might come to rest against the wall of the artery and it has a hard time pulling blood into it, pulling the needle back a little bit and rotating it 180 degrees, push the needle back in and it quite often cures the problem......

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
cloud393

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:29:34 PM »

Ok.  I'll have to remember that although I did try pulling it out some.  I started a new site tonight and didn't have any problems.  Thank you Jesus.

looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »

We have also had the pressure problems occassionally on both the arterial and venous sides.  Flipping the needle works most of the time for us.

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »