I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Eventful visit to Puerto Rico
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eventful visit to Puerto Rico  (Read 1972 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« on: June 15, 2010, 12:57:07 AM »

As you know, I went to Puerto Rico to be present at the birth of my second grandson.
Since he was due to come on Wed., I had to fly out Tuesday, and so I took my Wednesday dialysis on Tuesday morning (after my Monday evening session). I planned on missing my Friday session and coming back in time for Monday.
Everything seemed to be going quite well, but Friday night was awful!  I could not sleep lying down, I had severe shortness of breath and I could hardly say a complete sentence without gasping and I felt generally weak.  Our hostess wanted to take me to the doctor, but I was a bit stubborn.  I thought it was something that would blow over and I was apprehensive about the cost.  She called a brother (in the church) who is a doctor and he said that I should not attempt to return to Tortola without dialysis.  He said I could go to Centro Medico.  I went and was really treated very nicely.  The first doctor who dealt with me said that he would give me oxygen and Lasix, but soon I found myself in the dialysis unit.  I was 10 lbs over my dry weight (4.5kg)  Of course I had some bad cramping coming on to the end.  Normally, they would not take off all that right away at my unit.
The difference was amazing!  After the dialysis, I could breathe!  I could talk!
And the great thing is that they will bill me.  I didn't have to pay anything up front.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »

I am glad your church family loves you so much that they encouraged you to get medical help.  I hate that you felt so bad, but am glad dialysis gave you relief.   

And I am very excited our IHD baby has arrived!  Blessings to all of you.    :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 07:14:39 PM »

First of all I'm glad the dialysis worked and made you feel much better. Also glad you could be there for your grandsons birth. I hope you gave them the wrong address and someone else feels compelled to pay the bill.. >:D
Mimi
Elite Member

For any who do not like me I use - prayer.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:45:52 PM »

My gosh Bajanne what a bad experience.  But I'm betting that new baby grandson made it all worth it.  Congrats grandma.

Love, Mimi

Death is not extinguishing the light;
it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 12:05:44 AM »

Congratulations on the new baby and I am so glad you got your dialysis taken care of.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »

First of all I'm glad the dialysis worked and made you feel much better. Also glad you could be there for your grandsons birth. I hope you gave them the wrong address and someone else feels compelled to pay the bill.. >:D

Banajane, did you use that Wisconsin address that I gave you?    :angel;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »