I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 10:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Transplant 3/28/10
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transplant 3/28/10  (Read 1744 times)
joyfulmother

Becky

« on: June 19, 2010, 01:11:47 PM »

I haven't posted here in a couple of months.  I had my transplant at the end of March and then had a few bumps in the road since then (hospital stay for blood clot, foley catheter for 4 weeks because of nicked bladder).  I am now really on my way to recovery and am feeling great.  I've been told that it takes about a year to be fully recovered from a transplant.  I was glad to hear that, my energy hasn't come back 100% and I was worried about that.

Currently the only real problem I have is joint pain that is probably caused by my Cellcept.  The doctor recommends Tylenol.  I was hoping he would recommend something to get rid of it, LOL!

I worried that I wouldn't have much to share on this forum anymore, especially since I wasn't even on dialysis for long  -  but I realize I have plenty of support to offer.  I also find myself feeling badly that so many are still waiting.  I think it is a bittersweet feeling.

Love,
Becky

Becky
44 years old, Christian, homeschooling mom to my boys, ages 7 & 9.
- PD Patient beginning 12/31/08
- Listed on September, 2009
- Transplant on March 28, 2010
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »

I'm so glad things are going well for you now that you've recovered from some issues in the beginning.  I'm sure that not only do you have a lot to offer here, but since you feel so badly about the many, many people who are awaiting transplantation and a new lease on life, perhaps you could be an advocate for organ donation at your church.  I see that you are a Christian, and I have no doubt that God put you on this path so that you could share your gratitude with other Christians.  As you know, there is no better gift.  I'd be very interested in what your church could do to increase awareness!  Good luck!!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »

It was a pleasure seeing you post again.  Please don't stay away so long! :cuddle;  I am glad that things are working out for you, and I know that you will finally have all the energy you need.
Keep on keeping on!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »