I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 04:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  new gambro 210 kidneys?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new gambro 210 kidneys?  (Read 2518 times)
kevno

« on: May 23, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »

From the keel kidney of the 70's, 5 feet long, two foot wide and a foot deep. To the Gambro coffin shape kidneys to the f6 then to the fx60. Now changing to gambro again 210. We had this change over a month ago now. The f 5800 was not set up for the 210 kidney and most of the patients crashed before the end of dialysis. It took two week for the doctors to realize what was going on. Now i have been put on a gambro 170 plus the machine is now set for that type of kidney. Still feel the gambro kidney is no where near as good has the fx60. but the gambro kidney is half the price of the fx kidneys. Once again MONEY comes first.  :banghead;

THIS WAS A SMALL KEVNO RANT

been around now and again checking up on the site.  Just can not get that interest back, it is a great site and bill would be very proud off all the work you have all put in, To keep a site of this size running. When i first came to the site only a small handful of us ever posted. But not many member then. only around 50 of us, now over 4300 superb :thumbup; It must be the best renal patient site on the web. I am always telling patients on the unit to have a look at the site. Plus the staff just to have a look how renal patients feel inside.

I will keep coming back from time to time ;D

Yours always KEVNO (Manchester MRI)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »

I'm glad you are checking in.  Do you have 2 needles now?

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 05:08:06 PM »

Hey Kevno, long time no see. Miss ya kiddo.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kevno

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:03:08 AM »

no needles now, no fistula now :o had my veins mapped in both arms. No veins are big enough to form a fistula or put a graft in. Plus my legs are a no go area.  So for now lines in my neck. These lines I had put in, in September. new lines take around 20 Min's to put in. Just my luck mine took over two hours. Told even my neck vein is very thin now. So after these lines fail, don't even what to think about it. But lines always fail.   

Anyway lets stop being boring, the more you think about it, it will drive you  :urcrazy;. Glad to see you two Granny's of the site are still OK.  :yahoo;  Rerun and  :Kit n Stik; Kitkatz

I'm off now I see a big stick heading this way!

Kevno (back in hiding)

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 08:36:55 PM »

I had chest catheter put in. Felt like three nails driven with anail gun into my chest. Took weeks to stop hurting.  Now it just itches.

Okay Kid Kevno, I am looking down dark alleys for you, for the Granny crack!  :rofl;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 05:21:16 AM »

Hey Kevno  ..im just up the road from you ..in Preston !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
kevno

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »

Yes I live in a small village in Rossendale called Wier, around 4 miles from Burnley. Do go to Preston around once a month to play Snooker at Lostock Hall. Are you at Royal Preston doing your hemo? What are you hemo days? mine Tues, Thurs Staurday. Maybe one day meet.

Yours

Kevno

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »

Whereabouts in Lostock Hall do you play snooker? (Coote Lane?) I know it well!  No im not at Preston , im at Chorley. Same hemo days , so when i get a bit more back on my feet ..yeah meet up ! Our own little UK IHD meet eh! lol. Got big op for fistula coming up soon ..no nothing goes simply for me , have to have an artery lifted!  KS .

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
kevno

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »

Chorley, yes I know the unit, had a look at nearly every new unit when it has opened in Lancs/Gt Manchester over the last 20 years.

I know how you feel. Nothing ever goes straight forward for me. No more fistulas for me, now just lines, all my veins are calcified. To long being a renal patient.  Yes thats the club on Coote Lane. Not been going for the last few Wednesdays. Snooker season over.

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »

Small world isnt it !  :2thumbsup;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »