I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  Illegal immigrant fraudster got kidney transplant, fighting deportation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Illegal immigrant fraudster got kidney transplant, fighting deportation  (Read 2706 times)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« on: May 10, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »

Illegal immigrant fraudster who received kidney transplant on NHS uses public money to fight deportation

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:12 PM on 10th May 2010

An illegal immigrant who was jailed over an £800,000 loans scam is living in a nursing home as he fights against being deported.

Mashal Almansour, 38, claims he will die within weeks if he is sent back to Jordan.

He needs dialysis three times a week for kidney failure and says he will not be able to afford treatment in Jordan. He has already had a kidney transplant on the NHS, but the swap failed. 
Illegal immigrant: Mashal Almansour, 38, pictured at his bedside in Cale Green Nursing Home, Stockport, fears that if he's deported back to Jordan he'll die within weeks

Illegal immigrant: Mashal Almansour, 38, pictured at his bedside in Cale Green Nursing Home, Stockport, fears that if he's deported back to Jordan he'll die within weeks

He is now living in a nursing home in Adswood, Stockport, Greater Manchester, at a cost of about £700 per week, paid for by the council. 

Almansour came to Britain 14 years ago and applied for citizenship. But he withdrew his application and has lived here illegally ever since.

He worked as a delivery driver and a takeaway worker before starting his own mortgage firm.

But he was jailed for three years in 2007 for using a string of false names to rip off banks and building societies.

He used the fraudulent loans to buy luxury cars and homes - but says he lost everything following his conviction.

Judge James Spencer QC, who jailed him at Bradford Crown Court, said Almansour was guilty of 'serious criminal dishonesty'. 

Home Office officials began deportation proceedings when Almansour - whose marriage to a British woman collapsed following his conviction - was released from jail after 18 months.

Today Almansour said: 'My main concern is that Jordan is not my home.

'I do not have family or friends. Without dialysis, the doctors say I would die within a few weeks. If I am sent back it will be a death sentence.'

Family friend Carol Wilde said: 'He made a mistake and got greedy. It was a mistake and he paid his time for it.'

The UK Borders Agency said only the most seriously-ill illegal immigrants could stay on compassionate grounds.

A spokeswoman said: 'Before deportation takes place there is a right of appeal to an independent tribunal who will consider whether removal is appropriate.'

Stockport council said: 'Under the National Assistance Act the council has a legal duty in certain circumstances, for example, an unheard appeal on the grounds of human rights, to assist people who have no recourse to public funds.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1276659/Illegal-immigrant-fraudster-received-NHS-kidney-transplant-fights-deportation-public-money.html#ixzz0nZVGGXLS

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:35:49 AM »

Glad to see it isn't only in the USA, where you can Lie, Steal be illegal get a transplant and have the tax payers take care of you for the rest of your life.

I kinda feel bad that he lost his luxurious houses and expensive cars.  Maybe the govt. should reconsider and give them back to him.

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:56:42 AM »

This goes on in the US more than anyone wants to discuss.  Charlatans breaking into the country and somehow being shoved ahead of Americans who've been waiting for a kidney long term.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:00:25 PM by Stacy Without An E » Logged

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:44:21 PM »

Definitely mixed feelings but I am going to have to say that fraud and theft should not have a penalty of death. 
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 07:37:47 AM »

I live in the UK and our immigration policy is a farce, I think the whole world see's us as a soft target and you know what, WE ARE.  we are seen as the tolerant society I only hope this new government makes a difference. We can not keep giving and giving to people who just use our country for what they can get. Human right lobbyist have a lot to answer for..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »